• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Birth Order and Personality, are you an exception? (1 Viewer)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Half of my childhood I was eldest, half I was middle child.

Sorta makes sense, I'm a combination of the two with the irresponsibility of a lastborn.

How are you a middle child???????? Who is your other sibling?

:confused:

Jeee

Banned
HSC
* Update the Family Album: This may sound silly but it truly is important. There tend to be a billion photos of the firstborn and about six of the next child. To a child flipping through the family album, this is a sure sign that he's not loved as much. Be sure to have photos of the middle child alone, not always paired with the older sibling.
So true. I'm the eldest, and I feel bad whenever my sister flicks through family albums because most of them are of me. She does normally feel a little upset that as she grew up she wasn't 'captured' as much...

The first child segment is almost accurate for myself. The rest also describes my siblings well.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Last Born

Babies of the family are social and outgoing, they are the most financially irresponsible of all birth orders. They just want to have a good time. Knowing that these kids love the limelight, it's no surprise to discover that Billy Crystal, Goldie Hawn, Drew Carey, Jim Carey and Steve Martin are all lastborns.

While lastborns may be charming, they also have the potential to be manipulative, spoiled or babied to the point of helplessness.

"The last born is the one who will probably still have a pet name although he's 29 and has a masters degree," Leman says.
Haha. Some of this is partially true. I'm irresponsible in the sense that i have no regard for authority and i really don't care what i'm doing as long as i'm having fun. I'm financially irresponsible, i spend all my money on drugs or clothes. Okay and so i might be kind of manipulative sometimes...

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
kinda true.

as eldest, i did the best in school (though grades kinda went down in year 12), my sister [middle child] got a higher uai than me, by about 3 points, but only because i helped her heaps at 2u maths and chem and she pwnt legal and bio (whereas i kinda went average in physics and engineering studies).

sister suffers from middle child syndrome (kinda forgotten), and brother suffers from youngest child syndrome, ie he gets whatever he fucking wants >:-[

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The description of the eldest child is so true for me, although I usually also act as the peacekeeper and i get anything i want unlike my brother and sister XD

My sister has super middle child syndrome, but she's an agressor not a peace maker or maybe that's just her hormones playing up now :p

My brother as the youngest does seek a hell of a lot of attention and acts like a baby, but he doesn't get what he wants lol.

ay0_x

HSC
I'm crap with money.

I'm an excellent leader.

There's no photos of my childhood and there's 9829 of my sister.

I'm a good listener.

I get along with older people.

I'm seen as the "rebel" in my family (mostly because my parents don't know what my ister gets up to lolllll).

I am the eldest.=]

rokkuguhyo

HSC
First Born

Newscasters and TV talk show hosts tend to be first born or only children. Prominent examples include: Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Ted Koppel, Oprah, Donahue, Geraldo, Arsenio Hall and Rush Limbaugh. Over half of U.S presidents were firstborns. Clearly, firstborns are natural leaders. They also tend to be reliable, conscientious and perfectionists who don't like surprises. Although, firstborns are typically aggressive, many are also compliant people pleasers. They are model children who have a strong need for approval from anyone in charge.

Bolded is true for me, italicised is dependent on circumstances, eg. approval from teachers.

Reckoner

HSC
Usually in a family of all girls, the youngest girl of the family has the biggest breasts.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I am the youngest of six children. Is there a personality theory for that many?

I was definitely the most spoilt - free holidays, allowed to go to all the parties, only one who went to private school etc.
It rocked(s).

Vindictus

HSC
This wasn't already obvious, right?

What are they going to waste time analysing next? Maybe human stupidity?

They'd learn a thing or two.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
First Born

Newscasters and TV talk show hosts tend to be first born or only children. Prominent examples include: Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Ted Koppel, Oprah, Donahue, Geraldo, Arsenio Hall and Rush Limbaugh. Over half of U.S presidents were firstborns. Clearly, firstborns are natural leaders. They also tend to be reliable, conscientious and perfectionists who don't like surprises. Although, firstborns are typically aggressive, many are also compliant people pleasers. They are model children who have a strong need for approval from anyone in charge.

The bolded bits are true for me personally.

Idk about the natural leader thing. I like to be in control of things that are relevant to me, and I do prefer a leadership position to a less responsible one in general... but it totally depends on the context. I think it has more to do with the fact that I don't trust other people with things that are important to me, rather than a natural urge to be a leader, because I'm quite happy to take a back seat with things I know nothing about or don't percieve as my responsibility.

Anyway I'm pretty sure most of us fit into some part of each category anyway so it's probably a bullshit theory *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)