• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bishops to fight against secularist ethics (1 Viewer)

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
There was another section where Yahweh did tell someone to sacrifice their child and didn't grant a reprieve at the last minute so it went ahead.
Hmmm I don't think that was covered in the comic book version I have :p

HSC
lol we've esatblished this have we?

obviously not, considering you obviously believe the peaceful teachings of jesus are synonymous with war and destruction. if you were talking about islam then yeah okay, i'd understand. but come on,
In saying so, you must recognise that being nice, tolerant, accepting people goes entirely against their religion in most aspects, so they act that way because that is the kind of person they are, and that has shit all to do with the religion that they follow. They act that way because of an entirely secular ethical discourse and, furthermore, they must ignore their religion in order to do so.'

is the dumbest thing you've ever posted
Seriously? Stfu.

Scorch

HSC
lol we've esatblished this have we?

obviously not, considering you obviously believe the peaceful teachings of jesus are synonymous with war and destruction. if you were talking about islam then yeah okay, i'd understand. but come on,
Jesus taught that everyone is a wretched, sinning creature, created that way by God and that one must feel bad for the way that you were created by your loving master or fear the fires of death. Not only that, but this very same God had facilitated the bloody ethnic cleansing, butchery and genocide of many thousands of people not even 1000 years earlier.

Jesus taught that slaves who tried to escape their master were being ungodly, and Paul wrote that slaves should feel happy to be enslaved to a Christian master, as they are bringing about the work of the Lord.

You can't just cherry pick the nice things that Jesus says, which happen to be almost exclusively unoriginal and fairly generic, and ignore all the filthy violence; that's called hypocrisy.

0bs3n3 said:
Well said. Jesus says that he has not come to abolish the old laws, and that it is easier for the heaven to fall from the sky than for one letter of the old laws to become invalid, and these laws include things such as:
  • All homosexuals should be killed.
  • Anyone worshipping another deity within your nation must be killed.
  • A woman raped inside a city should be killed for not screaming for help loud enough.
  • That when you take prisoners of war, you should kill the entire male population and take the women as slaves.
  • If anyone in a town that you know of is preaching of a religion different to yours, you should invade the town, kill everyone in it, raze it to the ground and ensure it is never rebuilt.
  • That God shall lay all the curses of heaven and earth, and smite his record and name for eternity, on anyone who thinks they will live a well enough life if they just follow their own moral compass.

Both Jesus himself and the early theology of the New Testament make it clear that they have not come to abolish these laws, and even if they had it is still absolutely ghastly that any 'loving' God would prescribe such things and demand that his followers enact them.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Thinking of becoming Muslim and getting a Muslim wife so I can chain her to the kitchen and she can make me sandwiches and tasty beverages 24/7 and i'll tell her its the will of allah that my tummy be full of yum yum.
What does everyone think?

HSC
Thinking of becoming Muslim and getting a Muslim wife so I can chain her to the kitchen and she can make me sandwiches and tasty beverages 24/7 and i'll tell her its the will of allah that my tummy be full of yum yum.
What does everyone think?
You can marry me.
But I'll lace your first sandwich with fatal poison and inherit all your shit.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
All of your 711 posts are sucking up to Scorch.
All 29 of your post are being rude to forum regulars.

You can't just cherry pick the nice things that Jesus says, which happen to be almost exclusively unoriginal and fairly generic, and ignore all the filthy violence; that's called hypocrisy.
Gah, wish I could just cherry pick them.
I love the verses where he yells at the Pharisees, calling them hypocrites. They sound like most religious leaders today actually, these pharisees.

You can marry me.
But I'll lace your first sandwich with fatal poison and inherit all your shit.
Ooh, I could do that... :rolleyes:

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I could never harm a shuttle bus :(

I provide the means for sober people to get to their drinking destination/
I provide the means for the former sober a.k.a drunk people to get home.
I provide the means for students to safely travel around campus at night.
I am Shuttle Bus

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
violent delights

can you post a picture of yourself please

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)