• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bishops to fight against secularist ethics (1 Viewer)

blackman217

HSC
Actually most 'religious' morals are based on common sense.

For instance, the Mosaic Laws didn't allow Jews to eat shrimp, rabbit or certain other foods due to the fact that they lead to higher rates of food poisoning.

Also for instance, most religious codes forbid incest because the resulting offspring are almost always disabled or have a degree of retardation.

Your religious beliefs take common sense and try pretend it belongs to them and them alone.

This is why I do have what some people call an invisible friend in the sky, but refuse to talk about it or identify as a Christian.
Sorry babe but common sense is also based on context.......ya digg....and the code of ethics which seem most rational to us....are clearly stated as religious and are reinforced by “abrahamic religions” religions (this is what I was self taught)
Example? Killing ones daughter (in pre-Islamic Arabia) due to the disappointment and fear of social disgrace felt by a father upon the birth of a daughter...in context.....that is common sense
Using abortion as a form of birth control.........that is also common sense.....is it? -it’s the norm.
3000 BC- Rape-ing women just because I feel like it...........its common sense...since I already have a boner........... And she’s already here
Don’t you get it- in religion there’s things that SEEM like common sense and something’s that don’t...... stoning adulterers.........that is not normal to us...... and that certainly is not common sense in this day and age- since everybody is having sex with each other? Yet, There certainly is a clash with humanitarian issues and divine law....if you do acknowledge that it is divine- then the choice is easy......don’t do this and do that........could be a test, couldn’t be a test? The choice is yours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)