BIT/ICT Engineering camp (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
oh lol, yeah there were heaps, not everyone had drinks either (the over 18s) but yeah w/e and some guy spent about $50 on alcohol that night, man he was so screwed :p
Haha sounds good, from the way stuff was worded on the site i was under the impression that the over 18s - even the ones who dont drink would be at wherever you get the alcohol while we would be stuck doing something lame and being treated like kids lol. Oh, and i thought it'd be like that every night lol.

yogaba

HSC
I only know a couple of people going to UTS this year, and I don't know anyone doing engineering or IT. Should I seriously consider going? It's going to be hard to convince my parents to let me go to a camp filled with boys (with alcohol).

cheezburger

HSC
I'm a girl and studying ICT!! Dunno if I'll be able to go to the camp though.. it clashes with my bridging course.. FUUUUUUUUUU-

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha sounds good, from the way stuff was worded on the site i was under the impression that the over 18s - even the ones who dont drink would be at wherever you get the alcohol while we would be stuck doing something lame and being treated like kids lol. Oh, and i thought it'd be like that every night lol.
Nah just the second night I think it was, for a bit of the evening, then there's a DJ going on, everyone can go in, only the over 18s get alcohol (if they want).

I only know a couple of people going to UTS this year, and I don't know anyone doing engineering or IT. Should I seriously consider going? It's going to be hard to convince my parents to let me go to a camp filled with boys (with alcohol).
They're not rapists lol, alcohol doesn't get excessive either.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I only know one person doing engineering or IT at UTS and he is doing Civil engineering so will be at a different camp, that's more reason to go imo. As iRuler said you won't get raped lol, you aren't allowed to bring alcohol in and the venue is licensed - so there wouldn't be any problems. You dont have to tell your parents that it will be filled with boys and there will be alcohol lol, just let them read up on it if they are worried about any of it.

I'm a girl and studying ICT!! Dunno if I'll be able to go to the camp though.. it clashes with my bridging course.. FUUUUUUUUUU-
Same. (as in ICT + bridging course =P) Tbh the way i rationalised it is that i think orientation camp, even forgettng the social aspect of it, is more important than the last 3 days of a bridging course. We will have the book and HSC 3 unit material is plentiful.

Edit: Ohhhh, you did general. That makes the bridging course slightly more important for you i guess.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the venue is licensed
If it's at the same place ours was, then no, but they have bouncers there for the night.

more important
Not really important, it's pretty much just a social thing to make friends, they dont teach you anything or go through anything which is important.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If it's at the same place ours was, then no, but they have bouncers there for the night.
Oh lol, the site said something about it being a licensed area. It also said that page was last edited 11 months ago haha.

cheezburger

HSC
Same. (as in ICT + bridging course =P) Tbh the way i rationalised it is that i think orientation camp, even forgettng the social aspect of it, is more important than the last 3 days of a bridging course. We will have the book and HSC 3 unit material is plentiful.

Edit: Ohhhh, you did general. That makes the bridging course slightly more important for you i guess.
Yeah.. stupid General Math..I've been studying 2 unit throughout the holidays.. obviously it's not fully absorbed in my brain because I'm going so fast through it, but I'm getting there. I don't know if the bridging course will help much.. and I really want to go to the camp. I need friends. lol.

xAlan

HSC
lols im doing Bbus and Bsc IT i *might* be going :D

Last edited:

courtchar

HSC
same here, I don't know anyone doing engineering/IT at uts.. and I'm female too :L. so dunno if I should be considering going? although it does seem like a good opportunity to get to know people before uni starts

Georgina168

HSC
Whats a good reason to get out of it? Im very happy with my network of friends.. I do not wish share new experiences with people i do not know.

Pass1v1ty

HSC
N/A
*facepalm, Why didn't I find this thread earlier, FML~

Anyways, here's one U18 going... paid my money, don't really wanna waste it. Btw, does anyone know if there's a roll check on the day?

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes there's a roll call while getting on the bus, and then maybe when you're there too during some of the activities.

Pass1v1ty

HSC
N/A
Lmao, my friend and I went over down Darling Drive yesterday and had a look at the people going to Camp 1; gosh, out of the sea of people, I could only see around 6 girls and like 40-50 boys. Camp 2 is gonna fun for me T_T

jniranjan

HSC
Looks like no camp for me. I'm an idiot. I made up my mind yesterday that I wanted to do ICT Engineering / Business, (rather than Comp Sci at USYD), but the registrations are closed.. :( I called them up, but they said they can't do anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)