Blackhead reducing/removing products, or how do you rid of blackheads? (1 Viewer)

LHJ

HSC
I've tried the Clean and Clear daily scrub for blackheads and I don't really know if it reduced the amount of blackheads on my face but it definitely makes your face feel smooth afterwards.

Neutrogena blackhead scrub is useless. Just dried out my face and made my eczema flare up.

Biore scrub - my whole face broke out.

St Ives apricot scrub - has SLS in it which also makes my eczema flare up.
Thanks, that was very informative :)

I use Biore Strips - but I do not find it that effective
Did you leave it on for as long as the instruction say so? Because it pulls out black heads pretty well. Seeing the pimples on the strip afterwards leaves you a disgusted feeling though 'omg I have that much on face ;_;' lol

Andi0390

HSC
Benzac is something you can buy in most chemists - you should start with the 5% and work your way up. Apparently its not good for your skin, and I noticed that when I started using it I got all dry and peely - I'd rather a pimple or two than this.

From what I can gather Salicylic acid isn't as effective but still works adequately as an exfoliant and pimple preventer without the harshness of Benzoyl peroxide or whatever its called.

I remember once trying strips. The only sort of "blackheady" place that bothers me is my nose, and its not like singular, just all the pores look blocked and icky. I hate it. What are these Biore strips like? How much are they?

Also, I have been cautioned about using face scrubs more than a couple of times a week - they wouldn't be ideal for your day to day cleansing routine, more just a weekly thing.

I hate skin sometimes. I wish it would just be all clear and perfect.

LHJ

HSC
Hey guys!
I just bought Garnier Blackhead scrubbing and will be using it for the next few weeks, I'll be posting the result whether it's good or not afterwards =)

Just now after using it, it stings a bit during the application and massage, after I rinsed my face it feels really fresh and minty smell. I like the freshness it gives and in the future I hope it will reduce blackheads :D Those with experiences with other blackhead products feel free to post your feedback on them too!

domoku

HSC
I've been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemish Fighting for a little over half a year and it works really well! I really recommend it, there's no stinging or anything :) It keeps my blackheads from getting really visible and gross... also it makes your face feel so soft... like a baby's bum!! haha, but really.. give it a try, it's really really great :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)