Blit's guide to choosing related text for Discovery :) (1 Viewer)

noname2

HSC
Hi you all !! have some questions and need help from all you all !
So at the moment, I'm doing ESL for my 2018 hsc and I have a friend who is also doing ESL but he had been in Australia for more than 5 years so he is our out-standing student in ESL. He supported to study Extension 1 English but had chosen to do ESL instead. So at the moment, he's doing a prescribed*text from Advance English whereas we're doing a different prescribed*text. so my questions are.

1. If he does that in his HSC exam, Will his exam be considered as an outlier and will be marked differently or has more potential comparing to our exams as my classmates are all doing the same prescribed*text?
2. I heard that in the HSC exam, the HSC markers will be different for each different Essay ( like if you do your essay on a prescribed*text then a particular HSC markers will mark that parts of your essay?) and If yes, Will he get more benefit than us by doing his own work comparing to the rest of us ?
3. What tips to be good at studying ESL cause I'm currently band 4 in ESL and really get struck on the essay writing and how to adapt the question. ?
4. Any recommendations for studying ESL online for AOS Discovery for China Coin book and all ESL stuffs?
5. Should I learn to use more academic words in my essay or strongly focus on the structure of the essay ? ( I'm looking for a high band 5 ESL for my HSC)

APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS !!

butchrox

HSC
N/A
Hi I need Help ASAP. Are you allowed to choose a prescribed text as a related text? I want to do Journey of The Magi by TS Eliot for my discovery related but I’m also doing TS Eliot poetry in module B... IS IT ALLOWED? Because I dont know :( hsc is som

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi I need Help ASAP. Are you allowed to choose a prescribed text as a related text? I want to do Journey of The Magi by TS Eliot for my discovery related but I’m also doing TS Eliot poetry in module B... IS IT ALLOWED? Because I dont know :( hsc is som
You can but it is not recommended. At this stage I would probably keep using the prescribed text as a related text rather than focusing on memorising a new one (assuming you are sitting your HSC in 2018).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)