Blood donation (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
He's one of the least hygiene conscious person I've ever met... Bleurgh

16 =] I wanted to donate since I was in year 10 but when I finally turned 16 they didn't come T_T
excellent. i can donate next year. I was slightly anaemic last year and that made me perform really badly last year in my yearlies because every day after school I would just collapse from all the fatigue on my bed and sleep until dinner came. I am all better now.

SMP213

HSC
yea, i think its really great, i did it a few days ago. but make sure u have plenty of water b4 u go...n try not to be scared. :) good luk!!

suzlee

HSC
I attempted to donate blood today while my vein failed to corporate.
I was all ready to go after such a long wait, the interview thing + the grip-squeezing business...
The needle was in for about 30 seconds when the lady pulled it out cos it was gonna bruise massively due to leakage.
:mad:

It was quite an experience though.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Want to donate blood soon. Starting to take iron tablets to boost my iron levels.
Should be sweet.

HSC
N/A
ahhliss said:
You can find out by donating blood =)
You can find out your own blood type by procuring antigen-binding solutions and a pint of your blood.

Mix the stuff together; check if it agglutinates; if so, then you have the respective antigens, from which you can conclude whether you're A, B, AB, or O, and whether you have the Rhesus factor.

When you donate, it doesn't matter what you have; it does matter, however, when you're receiving. If you receive an incompatible type, happy haemolysis.

At this very moment, I do not receive or donate blood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)