• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Board of studies 'All my own work'??? (1 Viewer)

Swirlymist

HSC
I'm in year 10 and my school has the board of studies 'all my own work' course thing around the end of November. I will be unable to attend this course because I will be overseas. My school says it is compulsory, but does the actual board of studies say it's compulsory or is it just my school? I'm sure if I ask my school they will say I have to go. It sounds pretty useless, I've never plagiarised before nor am I going to start next year.But if it is actually compulsory I don't want to risk it so I'm not sure what to do because I already bought my plane ticket for going overseas. What happens if I don't attend this? I'm changing schools next year, so would they still be able to tell if I completed the course or not? Thanks.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
It is compulsory, but schools often do another course of it early year 11.

Don't worry about it.

HSC
Uni Grad
I think some of my friends were in your place, I think around at that time they were going to France for about 3 months exchange and I think they did it at the start of Year 11. I know some of the international students went back to China when we did it but they had to do it as soon as they resumed school the next school year, But I doubt they did it cause one still plagerises etc.

Last edited:

aftab1295

HSC
N/A
but plagiarism is alright, its getting caught thats the problem.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is compulsory but if you miss it when your school timetables it then you will simply have to do it later. The principal's have to sign off that you have done it for either you Preliminary or HSC years (can't remember which as I have nothing to do with it at my school).

HSC
N/A
One of my best friends went to Europe during all my own work. She did it in the beginning of year 11. Just inform your school beforehand.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's a COURSE now? When I did it, it was just like a questionnaire thing which noone took seriously.

It's pretty much so if you get caught of plagiarism, you can't just say: "oh, I didn't know what I did was plagiarism".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)