Board of Studies letters (1 Viewer)

HSC
What's the story with Board of Studies letters? Do we need to get a warning letter first, or can the teacher just send it?

Last edited:

w00dy.

HSC
Re: Bored of Studies letters

are they those letters that get sent home if your not complying with course requirements or whatever?

if they are at our school:
we go through a process of i think its the first letter of concern and then there is an offical one thats sent home.

but im not 100% sure

robo-andie

HSC

Board of studies letters.

Just for those who thought that Bored of Studies (www.boredofstudies.org) sent out letters, Chocolate_lover is talking about Board of Studies (www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au)

Are you talking about N-awards (non-attempt ?) or something else. If it is an N-award, then there should be a warning letter stating your perfomance in the course is less then desirable. Following the initial warning letter, I think (I am not 100% sure) that there is a second warning letter (might depend on school) either that or the second letter is to state that you will be recieving a N-award.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC

yeah our teacher is always warning the stupid students about sending home n-letters when they dont do an assignment. its like if you dont hand an assessment in for a few days you get an automatic zero but you still have to actually do it, or the n-letter will be sent home.... well thats how it works at my school anyway

HSC

Ok, thanks guys. One of my teachers said that she had organised to send me a board of studies letter, but that confused me, because i havent heard of them either, only N-awards. I also thought that you had to get a warning one first, and that the teacher had to tell you before it was sent (I would've thought this was common courtesy.) Another thing is that it wasn't even an assessment task that i didn't hand in on time, just a couple of study guide questions.

FranzFerdinand said:
yer mean BOARD of studies?
yeah, lol. damn, i really should get some sleep...

live.fast

HSC
N/A

they give you those n-awards wen you've failed to give in work loads of times...

so u must be a real naughty person if u get one...shame on you....

=)

HSC

By the way, it's practically the first time I haven't handed something in on time, and I did end up handing it in anyway!

live.fast

HSC
N/A

they work like this. If you forget you're homework alot, you're a bad bad person. You get sent a letter with a bIIIG N on it. If you keep forgetting, You keep getting that letter with tha big N! n for naughty. If you get lots of 'naughties'...

...then you fail your course, and you endanger your ability to finish the preliminary course (and hence, endanger your ability to enter the HSC course) because of too few units.

live.fast

HSC
N/A

yea i would...stupid spanish continuers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)