Board of Studies reveals 2004 raw marks (1 Viewer)

DNOMYAR

well doin the maths, it jst gets u over 90 with a raw mark of 70/84...but wouldn't scaling affect it?

DNOMYAR

~ ReNcH ~ said:
Probably something around 60/84, maybe less, will align to 90.
huh? this is for maths 3u right? 75/84 gets allighned to 96 overall and u saying under 60 will get alligned to a 90 O.O..well if dats true its a good thing

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Anyone know raw mark for band 6 in Modern History, Economics and band 5 for Std. English

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
sunjet said:
Anyone know raw mark for band 6 in Modern History, Economics and band 5 for Std. English
Afaik, we don't have any data for Economics though I'm not sure about Modern History and Standard English.

d_a_n_z

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I would say that Maths Extension 1 would be around 58-62, not 68 - or else I definitely wouldn't have got 48/50.
Does that mean getting about 58-62 out of 84 in the actual HSC exam should end up w band six mark?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
d_a_n_z said:
Does that mean getting about 58-62 out of 84 in the actual HSC exam should end up w band six mark?
In past years it has. There's nothing to say that 58-62 will get you a Band 6 in 2005, though I'd be inclined to say that it will.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hmmm.. I'm thinking of doing the whole appeal thingo to see what my marks are at the end of the year and I was just wondering what each step would involve. What would happen after submitting the initial BOS form? How do I get them to perform an internal review and how would I take it to the ADT?
EDIT: Also since I sat the HSC in Biology, English Advanced, and Mathematics+Extension 1 last year and I'm doing my HSC this year and doing Mathematics Extension 1 + 2 this year along with the rest of my HSC, would I be able to find out the cutoffs for both years including both attempts in the math courses?

Last edited:

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I attend a selective school and my 3u maths teacher said that if you get 50% in an assessment task, it will scale to a good mark because of the school.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
kami said:
Hmmm.. I'm thinking of doing the whole appeal thingo to see what my marks are at the end of the year and I was just wondering what each step would involve. What would happen after submitting the initial BOS form? How do I get them to perform an internal review and how would I take it to the ADT?
If they reject your initial application, you would just need to write to them requesting an internal review ("I write to request an internal review of the decision made on X December 2005 by Joe Bloggs ..."), with the internal review fee attached. They're obliged to give you instructions and assistance if you need it.

If the outcome of the internal review reaffirms the original decision, you just need to fill out the ADT's application form and send it off (again with the fee). Although an appeal to the ADT will require you to make appearances and so on... might be worth finding a friend who does law at that stage.

kami said:
EDIT: Also since I sat the HSC in Biology, English Advanced, and Mathematics+Extension 1 last year and I'm doing my HSC this year and doing Mathematics Extension 1 + 2 this year along with the rest of my HSC, would I be able to find out the cutoffs for both years including both attempts in the math courses?
You can request whatever documents you like so long as the Board still possesses them (and I think it would).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
If they reject your initial application, you would just need to write to them requesting an internal review ("I write to request an internal review of the decision made on X December 2005 by Joe Bloggs ..."), with the internal review fee attached. They're obliged to give you instructions and assistance if you need it.

If the outcome of the internal review reaffirms the original decision, you just need to fill out the ADT's application form and send it off (again with the fee). Although an appeal to the ADT will require you to make appearances and so on...
hmmm that doesn't sound *too* bad.
Lazarus said:
might be worth finding a friend who does law at that stage.
I'm thinking *thats* the pricey bit...le sigh:(
Anyone interested in a BoS member class action law suit to get our marks? Alternatively, anyone know some nice, friendly, and charitable to hsc students law person?

Lazarus said:
You can request whatever documents you like so long as the Board still possesses them (and I think it would).
Yaya!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
kami said:
Anyone interested in a BoS member class action law suit to get our marks? Alternatively, anyone know some nice, friendly, and charitable to hsc students law person?

hmmmm... I doubt u'd find a lawyer willing to help with something so small.... and if ur looking for someone who's not yet a lawyer "a friend who does law" as Laz originally suggested... they shouldnt be charging anywas... so no it won't cost much.... or it shouldn't cost anything actually... of course its up to u whether u wanna pay bak the favour.. etc etc.... and i think u should... that's if anyone does decide to help...

although i would like to get my RAW marks... but if it fails the first time... i think i'll stop there

lol..... the process sounds so complicated.... how much would it actually cost u by the time ur up o the ADT stage???...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
physician said:
hmmmm... I doubt u'd find a lawyer willing to help with something so small.... and if ur looking for someone who's not yet a lawyer "a friend who does law" as Laz originally suggested... they shouldnt be charging anywas... so no it won't cost much.... or it shouldn't cost anything actually... of course its up to u whether u wanna pay bak the favour.. etc etc.... and i think u should... that's if anyone does decide to help...
lol, I don't know anyone who's actually started a law degree yet

physician said:
although i would like to get my RAW marks... but if it fails the first time... i think i'll stop there

lol..... the process sounds so complicated.... how much would it actually cost u by the time ur up o the ADT stage???...
Lazarus said:
I agree with Captain pi.

The legal costs would (roughly) be:

$30 initial application fee (BOS)
$40 internal review fee (BOS)
$55 external review fee (ADT)

= $125

But once that was done, if successful, any student would be able to obtain their marks with just the initial fee of $30.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
kami said:
lol, I don't know anyone who's actually started a law degree yet

"But once that was done, if successful, any student would be able to obtain their marks with just the initial fee of $30."

oh cool... well maybe a few of us bos members can come up with an agreement... were we all chip in... for the initial $125.... once that's done... the rest will be able to obtain Raw marks...

like instead of one person paying $125..... 5 ppl pay $25 each.... then one will have obtained their RAW marks... so we'd need another 30 * 4 to obtain the marks of the other 4.... = $120.... 120 divided by 5... is $24... so 5 ppl can each pay $25 + $24 = $49.... rather than one person having to pay $125.... see where im coming from?... the more ppl the better

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
it would be so much easier if we just rocked up on the BOS doorstep and harassed them...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think we should rally a protest at the board of studies....we shall be named....the LA...Laz's army....:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)