bombed out in the trials. (1 Viewer)

sleepplease

HSC
Hey guys,

I fucked up the trials - I left home, didn't sleep - took caffine pills, was such a mess and I know I've really badly bombed out. I havent got all my results back but it looks like i've gone from topping my subjects to being about average.

I want to get into Law at USYD.

at the begining of hte year my est was between 99.7 and 99.9, now if I do get around average in my subjects it will fall to 98.6 (these are really rough approximations)

my question is - is it possible to pring a uai up by a whole point between trials and hsc (obviously I wont make the same mistakes in terms of having somewhere to live, getting sleep, ebing in good health etc.) or is that not possible at this stage.

thanks.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
sleepplease said:
Hey guys,

I fucked up the trials - I left home, didn't sleep - took caffine pills, was such a mess and I know I've really badly bombed out. I havent got all my results back but it looks like i've gone from topping my subjects to being about average.

at the begining of hte year my est was between 99.7 and 99.9, now if I do get around average in my subjects it will fall to 98.6 (these are really rough approximations)

my question is - is it possible to pring a uai up by a whole point between trials and hsc (obviously I wont make the same mistakes in terms of having somewhere to live, getting sleep, ebing in good health etc.) or is that not possible at this stage.

thanks.
asian right?

umm yes it is possible and extremely likely i am hoping to boost mine by 20 points.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Just do law at UTS if you dont get 99.x and transfer to USYD after a year

wLym

HSC
sleepplease said:
Hey guys,

thanks.
Man, you just described my exact situation. I dunno about pickin it up, but i sincerely hope so, for your sake, and mine! Dun worry man, everyone else is in the same boat, its cliche, but its true, if taht gives you any comfort. If you went topping all your subjects, to average, then everyone else probably went from average, to below average - thats a realistic scenario. So dont worry mate.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Just make sure you rip the HSC.

I won't say "nah its okay you'll be fine" because you are aiming for 99.xx, but what's done is done, the only way to go bettter is to maximise your marks for the HSC (and goddamn hope everyone else in your grade maximises theirs).

BackCountrySnow

HSC
wLym said:
If you went topping all your subjects, to average, then everyone else probably went from average, to below average - thats a realistic scenario.
LoL??

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
wLym said:
If you went topping all your subjects, to average, then everyone else probably went from average, to below average...
...then other people at the below average went to thet top?

To OP: Just nail the HSC. On top of that 98 is really decent as well. As midfile said, transfer after a year. You still have a good chance.

runnable

HSC
At least wait for the results to come back first and know how badly you went.

wLym

HSC
lyounamu said:
hmm maybe i didnt phrase taht well. What i meant was since she hasnt got all her results back, theres a chance that the way she bombed out, everyone else bombed out worse. I took "going from top to average" as based on performance, rather than going from top rank to middle rank.

hmm i might be chasing my tail here, but im braindead. Wait till after the trials ill be back to normal =]

HSC
lyounamu said:

To OP: Just nail the HSC. On top of that 98 is really decent as well. As midfile said, transfer after a year. You still have a good chance.
Of course it is, a 97+ is fucking awesome for anyone, and a 95+ is pretty fucking good too.

Whilst you want to do the best you can and certainly there's a lot of prestige doing law at USyd, within 3-5 years nobodies going to give a shit whether you got a 99.xx in the hsc or a 96, including yourself.

Your ability to grasp the poetry of Gwen Harwood at 18 is a really small part of your life.

lissylou

HSC
holy crap
you people are so smart.
i need 65 to get into naturopathy (pretty sure i can ge it)
ill be stoked if i get in the 70's!
why does like 0.5 of a mark matter?
life goes on its only the hsc
chill

HSC
lissylou said:
holy crap
you people are so smart.
chill
Nah dude, the HSC is the be all and end all.

When you get a job you will be refered to by the UAI you got. Whether you get a nice chair also depends on your ability to top economics.

A month ago my cousin (94.7) married a 92.3. My family was discusted, she is a disgrace.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:
Nah dude, the HSC is the be all and end all.

When you get a job you will be refered to by the UAI you got. Whether you get a nice chair also depends on your ability to top economics.

A month ago my cousin (94.7) married a 92.3. My family was discusted, she is a disgrace.
You are a disgrace now. I don't really get your sarcastic post here. Just in case you are not sarcastic, HSC is not everything. It's only a minor challenge out of all other challenges that we will have to face in future. Doing it well in the challenge will prove useful in future but it won't necessary determine your future.

Dota55

HSC
lyounamu said:
You are a disgrace now. I don't really get your sarcastic post here. Just in case you are not sarcastic, HSC is not everything. It's only a minor challenge out of all other challenges that we will have to face in future. Doing it well in the challenge will prove useful in future but it won't necessary determine your future.
Umm...i think he was being sarcastic in that post. :D

lol, you gotta take things a little easier y'know :)

Last edited:
HSC
lyounamu said:
Geez calm down man, its full of sarcasm (you can tell from reading my previous post). Nobody thinks like that, you'd have to be stupid beyond belief. The HSC is effected by so many outside factors (girlfriends, certain teachers, sickness, breakdowns, dodge assignments etc etc) for it to be anywhere near a perfect indicator of someone's ability, as I said previously, anything 97+ is incredible, and even 80+ is pretty fucking good.

Edit: having a bad day? :D

Last edited:

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
lyounamu said:
Was that really needed?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
To all those concerned, I have already said his post was sarcastic. And I provided some extra info if he was not one.

mattbannister

HSC
lissylou said:
holy crap
you people are so smart.
chill
That 0.5 can mean getting into a course or not. It matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)