bonus points (1 Viewer)

unwanted80

HSC
N/A
hey,, just wondering what bonus uai points are...how you get themm... wat different ways you can acquire them....

thanx

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
do you mean HSC plus?
theres a few other ways u can get bonus points but u need to fit certain criteria...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yes, it's also known as HSC plus Timothy.

It's basically bonus points awarded to particular subjects you have chosen for the duration of your HSC. These bonus points 'inflate' your UAI on that particular university course you wish to pursue in.

For example, Medicine at UNSW do not offer bonus points on particular subjects you take in the HSC, whilst Adelaide University does, if you partake in 4U Mathematics and/or the languages.

Some courses do not award bonus points. You should look into each specific university yourself per course.

ttong

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
And adding onto Reshad's post, at UNSW for Commerce if you get a band 6 in subjects such as MX1 or Economics, they will give you a bonus 5.0 UAI points.
zomg 5.0 uai points? are you serious? that is awesome

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Yup, my sister got an extra 5.0 for getting band 6 in MX1 - so that pulled her up to 101.35 UAI (which doesn't exist, but it just means that she definitely got into her course).
It doesn't mean she got extra 5 bonus on her UAI. It just means that the power that she has in regards to choosing her course is that and I am thinking that it doesn't apply to all courses like Law...

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Yup, my sister got an extra 5.0 for getting band 6 in MX1 - so that pulled her up to 101.35 UAI (which doesn't exist, but it just means that she definitely got into her course).
it doesnt increase your uai, it just increases your selection rank for the course your applying to.
Also she doesnt receive 5 bonus points from just MX1 alone, u need to do well in at least 3 subjects for a total of 5.

UNSW: The University of New South Wales - Sydney Australia - FUTURE STUDENTS

six demon bag

HSC
There's HSC plus but it might only be a few schools doing it. I think you can also get extra pointsfor extra-cirricular stuff. I get one for being school captain and I've had about 2 captainly duties all year haha.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There's HSC plus but it might only be a few schools doing it. I think you can also get extra pointsfor extra-cirricular stuff. I get one for being school captain and I've had about 2 captainly duties all year haha.
That's bullshit....[the system, not you], how you can actually get bonus points for being a School Captain. Unless you've been to something like State SRC or something....

HSC
what you mean hsc plus - only a few years doing it?? okay quick question:
we automatically get hsc points if were eligible for them right? or do we have to fill out a form or something...

HSC
the points arent acctually FOR YOUR UAI.

theyre just for admission into uni if you dont have enough IF your eligible for it.
(which there are many ways, one way is if your school is in a "disadvantaged area")

so like lets say you want to do a course and the cutoff is 89.5 and your UAI is only 85.5, the university MAY grant you that 4 extra points.

they dont TELL you by sending a letter saying you got extra points, you just know if you got accepted into that course when you didnt have a high enough UAI.

and i THINK theres only a maximum of 5 bonus points to be given out?
well thats pretty much all i know about it.. hope i helped :)

HSC
That's bullshit....[the system, not you], how you can actually get bonus points for being a School Captain. Unless you've been to something like State SRC or something....
yeah i agree. wtf how can you get bonus points for school capt. thats gay.
thats like saying i should get points cause im src, which is not going to happen.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
the points arent acctually FOR YOUR UAI.

theyre just for admission into uni if you dont have enough IF your eligible for it.
(which there are many ways, one way is if your school is in a "disadvantaged area")

so like lets say you want to do a course and the cutoff is 89.5 and your UAI is only 85.5, the university MAY grant you that 4 extra points.

they dont TELL you by sending a letter saying you got extra points, you just know if you got accepted into that course when you didnt have a high enough UAI.

and i THINK theres only a maximum of 5 bonus points to be given out?
well thats pretty much all i know about it.. hope i helped :)
Ah ic thanks for that. So does that mean if student A got an ATAR of 96 and student B got an ATAR of 91 but also got 5 bonus points, that student A would get first preference?

HSC
Ah ic thanks for that. So does that mean if student A got an ATAR of 96 and student B got an ATAR of 91 but also got 5 bonus points, that student A would get first preference?
yes into that COURSE
like if its full then obviously student B wouldnt get into the course no matter how many bonus points he/she gets

astroe

HSC
I've also been that thing when you get extra points for being in SRC in our school, more-so if you're Vice and even more if you're the Captain.

I don't know anything behind it, it was just verbally told to us without any in-depth explanation.
I'm liking this HSC Plus thing, I knew about it but I must have forgotten the subject/band part about it. :) Yayers.

Apart from that, there's EAS, but that's more for getting points to help out disadvantaged students, not as a way to just get points for the lulz.

six demon bag

HSC
I don't think you understand about HSC Plus.

It applies to all Year 12 students completing their HSC or equivalent not just "a few schools" as you said. It also does not take into consideration extra-curricular activities, it is determined by if you complete relevant year 12 courses which means you may be eligible for bonus points under HSC Plus. Nothing to do with whether you are school captain or not.

UNSW: The University of New South Wales - Sydney Australia - FUTURE STUDENTS
By schools I meant universities - i probably should've worded it better haha. I read it on the UNSW website. The extra point for being school captain thing wasn't part of HSC plus - I think it was under some other program but im pretty sure it was on the UNSW site too. Sorry for the confusion haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)