Bonus points? (1 Viewer)

Scarlet Tears

HSC
I'm sort of confused about how people get extra ATAR points, I know you can get them for duke of ed and some other things, by my friend just brought to my attention that if a member of your immediate family passes away it's possible to apply for extra points? He says that his sister did it when their grandma died in her HSC year. Does any one know anything about this?

HSC
Uni Grad
You can. When I was in year 7 and my sister was in year 12, our dad passed away with an unexpected heart attack and she got extra 5 points for her ATAR.

blieu

HSC
Hm what if you go to a 'disadvantaged' school and they say you are elegible to receive 5 bonus points. Does that mean we receive the full 5 bonus points .... or no?

Last edited:

bertstare

HSC
Hm what if you go to a 'disadvantaged' school and they say you are elegible to receive 5 bonus points. Does that mean we receive the full 5 bonus points .... or no?
As far as I'm aware, you do.

Eg155

HSC
is it 'disadvantaged area' or school?
Because supposedly my school is in a 'disadvantaged area yet it's a private school? :L

xOllyx

HSC
You can get it for sickness and if someone in your year falls pregnant as well... sucks to go to an all boys school haha.

Eg155

HSC
You can get it for sickness and if someone in your year falls pregnant as well... sucks to go to an all boys school haha.
The awkward moment when the pregnancy is planned so that everyone's ATAR is boosted....

Steve1820

HSC
What if...I get a dick malfunction from wanking too much due to the stress caused by the HSC? Does that count?

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
It's a maximum of 5 ATAR points for uni entry. It doesn't actually add to your ATAR, but depending on the uni and degree (most will accept it) it will add an additional 5 points (max)towards your entry point. For instance, if person A has an ATAR of 90, and person B has an ATAR of 92. And the cutoff is 90. But person A has the bonus points of 5 points, and only one person is accepted. Then person A will be the one accepted. This is because person A will have a uni entry ATAR of 95 and person B has only 92.

There are a few requirements to apply for EAS (medical, financial etc..) the link provided before should explain everything, the requirements are listed on page 6-7.

AbsoluteValue

HSC
They are pretty strict, I mean there is no way you can cheat the system. e.g. you can't get it for a reason like not being able to afford a tutor because you have a textbook, a teacher and a brain etc...
You also have to provide a statement saying exactly how the situation affected your education, e.g. being new to Australia, your English might affect you in chemistry, physics, economics etc... so you provide a signed copy of your passport etc...

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
What if...I get a dick malfunction from wanking too much due to the stress caused by the HSC? Does that count?
Yup. Apply straight away!
But beware they ask for details.

hpatdh

HSC
Don't you also get bonus points for achieving a band 5/6/E3/E4 for a particular subject if you're applying for a certain uni degree?

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Oh, right. So once you've applied for the uni & course you wish to be enrolled in, UAC will instantaneously do it for you?

Aidejay

HSC
Is EAS and bonus points two different things? or are they both the same?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)