Bonus UAI in UWS (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Does UWS really give bonus UAI points if you live in Western Sydney? Someone told me this. I couldn't find it in the UWS website.

Last edited:

vasuu91

HSC
kaz1 said:
Does UWS really give bonus UAI points if you live in Western Sydney. Someone told me this. I couldn't find it in the UWS website.
our school told us we get 5 extra uai points for uws....not too sure why.
personally i dont care...uws is the last place i wanna be at!!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for clarifying fOR3V3RPINKKKK and Without Wings.
5 bonus points for me!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
vasuu91 said:
our school told us we get 5 extra uai points for uws....not too sure why.
personally i dont care...uws is the last place i wanna be at!!
I guess since the school qualifies for the regional bonus, as I presume it's in the Greater Western Sydney area.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Yeah, well no one really aims to study there...
I mean, I would never mind studying at that university as long as they provide the university courses that I wish to enrol in. But even if they do, I don't think I will be attending it due to the commuting difficulties.

MTP

HSC
kaz1 said:
Why? You still get the degree in UWS.
Personal preference. i personally wouldnt want to go to UWS, because the courses for business/law/I.T are better at UTS/Maquarie/UNSW/USYD, as i've been told. Also, "the social life" at the uni's, plays a big role in my decision of what uni i want to go to.

:)

vasuu91

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
personal preference....much rather go to usyd or unsw that have a better rep....obviously if i dont get into any other uni then its gonna have to be uws.

dpospination

HSC
does this mean the UAI is increased by 5 points, or is the course entry for the course u wann get into lowered by 5 points. and wat does 1 UAI point equate to, 0.05 incrament? ie, instead of getting 90.00, a 1 point increase is 90.05? is that how it works, ty

dpospination

HSC
thank you without wings, that was how i thought it worked, but i have herd some conflciting ideas about it. lol, i wont go to UWS anyways, UTS, UNSW, or USYD (for Engineering probably UTS or UNSW)

WannaBang?

HSC
Anyone know the maximum ammount of UAI points you are able to get?

Because I know that for living in the Greater Western Suburbs area you get 5 UAI points, and you can also get an extra 10 points if you do well in a HSC subject that relates to the Uni course you want to get into.

Anyone know the max number of points that can be awarded?

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
People really don't seem to like UWS?
I don't know a whole lot about it, except the rep isn't as great as others, but in the long run, is it that big a deal if you get the same degree?
My parents are pretty much forcing me to go there, because they don't want me to travel to USYD/UNSW etc or move away.
So thats great.
=|

WannaBang?

HSC
Hollieee said:
People really don't seem to like UWS?
I don't know a whole lot about it, except the rep isn't as great as others, but in the long run, is it that big a deal if you get the same degree?
My parents are pretty much forcing me to go there, because they don't want me to travel to USYD/UNSW etc or move away.
So thats great.
=|
I talked to my careers advisor about UWS and it's rep and she told me that potential employers DO prejudice against UWS graduates, but then again, a potential employer can prejudice about a whole range of other things. And also, to say that you will be unemployed if you get a degree from UWS is absolutely stupid, because the university would just shut down if that was the case.

This is the real deal: You won't get into top-tier firms in you chosen industry, but you will still be able to work your way up.

WannaBang?

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Thats not entirely true. Generally what a firm aims to do (if they have a proper HR system) is to employ the candiate that will able to do the job the best. This can be determined by a range of factors depending on the HR system that they use however in most cases what uni you go to should have very little impact as it isn't a strong indicator of youre ability to perform in the job.

Source: HR student @ Usyd :)
True, BUT when a top tier firm offers a job they recieve hundreds if not thousands of applications. Obviously, this high powered firm will not get through to interviewing each and every one of these applicants and so only consider those candidates who went to a "prestigious" university. As soon as they see UWS as your university, in goes your application to the circular file (the bin). Bit unfair, but meh, that's life. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)