Book Cafes? (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
does anione know ani book cafes? ie: a cafe where everyone reads their books and can stay as long without being kicked out? ...... there was one in the city.. close to Geroge Street.. and it was sorta lyk a basement book cafe.. but it closed not long ago... and i relali miss it.. i would lyk to go to a book cafe.. but i dunno where?

lin

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Sydney-siders are lucky as you have 24hr cafes up there. Down here in Wollongong, besides clubs, the only thing open till midnight is Subway :(
A 24-hr Book Cafe would be awesome, at least I'd be able to spend my sleepless nights reading instead of pissing it away on the internet or watching crap TV :p

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah i often have trouble sleeping so book cafes are heapz mad.. though the coffe is expansive.. but you can get refills.... and the seats are soo comfy.... and they have a mini library..... *heavenly*

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
borders in macquarie center is pretty cool...
my dream occupation is to own a book shop with a cafe attached to it...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I've actually never been to a book cafe, but I know they're around. I'd be interested in finding one too.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Sydney-siders are lucky as you have 24hr cafes up there. Down here in Wollongong, besides clubs, the only thing open till midnight is Subway :(
A 24-hr Book Cafe would be awesome, at least I'd be able to spend my sleepless nights reading instead of pissing it away on the internet or watching crap TV :p
hmmmmmm interesting......look potential small business owners....ziff has found you a niche in the market .....so come on someone with business acumen set something up for my friend ziff

Ashleet

HSC
Although its a little in the wrong direction, in like most towns of the blue mountains there are artsy book cafes, though not as good as city ones they have an interesting range of books

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The best part is your only customers would be Uni students and year 12 students :D

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Bolkonski
borders in macquarie center is pretty cool...
thankz bolkonski.. :p
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
i just remembered, im pretty sure theres one in San Souci... but thats a bit far for you TIB
thankz aniwayz sss :p

Originally posted by = Jennifer =
hmmmmmm interesting......look potential small business owners....ziff has found you a niche in the market .....so come on someone with business acumen set something up for my friend ziff
its hard to make it work.. the 2 book cafes i used to go to have all closed down due to a common reason... not enough customers.....its sorta hard for Australia (even in Sydney) with such a small population.... but if somehting lyk this opens in China.. then yeah ... def good biz......

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah or you could work on making the population less ignorant and more culturally aware :p Get them away from from the cricket and televisions and into the cafes and bookstores!

sugared plum

HSC
i thought there were some in newtown?
i know what you mean truly, do you know the green iguana? i'm not sure if that's the book cafe or the discussion group place. but there must be some there in newtown if the green iguana isn't it i think.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah i went looking for a book cafe in newton once...(cuz i wanted some second hand books) ..... but didnt find ani...... but i will give green iguana a check next time i am in newton.. :p

sugared plum

HSC
ohhhhh go to glebe if you want second hand books!!!

there's sappho - whcih has food; gleebooks second hand whcih is just opposite st john's park, and cornstalk which has all kinds of weird books and if you go there in the middle of the night you can just pick the books up from the street!

in the weeks before the trials i was dreadfully nervous and i went for lots of walks at 3 am and one night i passed sappho and saw all the books and so i picked them up and carried them home ( i lived a couple of blocks away).

when i'd calmed down a few weeks later my room was filled with all these smelly books which i knew i'd never read. but oh well. i imagine it was fun at the time.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Library Cafe - York st. City

This is a great place, its blocked from the hulabaloo of george st bc of the QVB, cosy and quiet, plays free live jazz on some nights. And its only about 50 from the bookstore Abbeys! And too close to the station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)