Book Cafes? (1 Viewer)

miss_pie

HSC
sappho in glebe is great! it's so dark and book/coffee smelling!
i work in a book cafe in bowral. there's two around here and its the bloody southern highlands so theres gotta be heaps more in the city!

lazybum

HSC
N/A
theres one on Hall street in Bondi, a block away from the beach (but then you may as well go down to the beach and read there as well as get a suntan)

rubylotus11

I know Borders in Pitt Street mall Sydney has one. I was in Boulder, Colorado last year and there are so many bookshop cafes. It is like mandatory that where ever there are books, there's coffee.

Last edited:

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are in Brisbane - check out the book cafe at Westfield Garden City in Mt. Gravatt. It's heaps cool! It even sells books as well - relatively cheap though.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
some dymocks, and borders have cafes attached

onecrazychicken

What about Libary's?
They cannot kick you out. You don't have to waste your money on shit coffee. You are surrounded by millions of books. Generally quite people.

Find a nice quite corner... Your set!

No? hehe... I've never been to a Book Cafe. Sounds wonderful however

Peace Out... :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Wollongong Library recently installed a shitty vending machine. A coffee costs like $1.20! The thing you want though is the aroma of the coffee... that's the key... it's all about atmosphere people!

Nupil

HSC
N/A
I can suggest Collins in Broadway because that has a cafe attached to it - but it's always shockingly busy ... bustling with people. Maybe if you went there on an early Sunday or Saturday morning for just under an hour you'd have some time to engross yourself ... unless of course you want the stream of people.

Another place in on Norton Street - the name escapes my memory all together ... but it's near Norton Plaza. That's meant to be quite nice too. I think it's still there.

Well, I love the Green Iguana and someone said it before - I don't think you'll have much luck in the way of reading material ... but some brilliant art-work.

Fix my typos for me ... I'm lazy.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Doesn't the grace brothers (myers, i know, but to hell with that) on pitt street have a cafe on the bookstore/CD level? It always smells like cake there...yummy. I love cake

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it could, but a lot of grace bors and david jones just have cafes which are not connected to any section, so not their book section either

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
but lots of people read books and eat cakes and sip their coffees there! I don't think it's coincidental that the cafe was right at the book section.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
as if some1's going to buy a book then sit down and hav a coffee

it shud b a library and a small cafe

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Why wouldn't they? I see people doing precisely that at Grace Bros City Store, Borders, Kinokuniya and others. It's a great idea, especially if you have some time to kill and a good book to read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)