Book Lists (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
go onto myune.
click on the mystudy tab.
down the bottom under "studying" is a textbooks link.
click it.
find your units.
tha end :)

edit: oooooh, 666 posts.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
bluebiro said:
Does any1 know when we get a list of books we need? and also costs etc?
Your lecturers will generally tell you what books you'll be needing in the first or second lecture and all of them are available from the United Campus Bookshop which is on-campus. Expect the bill to run to $300-$400; some courses may require upwards of $600 worth of books.

You can also go to the second-hand bookshop nearby, but don't expect them to have what you're after. A lot of college students won't sell to the bookshop because they won't see the money until the books is sold for a long while (and if it's an old issue or a completely new textbook has been issued, you may never see the money), so there's another alternative: returning students will generally post lists of books around their college that they have but no longer need in the early weeks of first semester (they may do it in second semester as well) and you can arrange to buy their books. They're defiantely cheaper than the bookshop and usually in fairly good quality (I know all of mine are).

Remember, it's up to you to find these books. Lecturers and tutors will assume you have them and they generally won't follow up on whether or not you have them; but if they do, you'll know it's important that you have the text (AFM101 is a prime example of this).

BlackDragon

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Your lecturers will generally tell you what books you'll be needing in the first or second lecture and all of them are available from the United Campus Bookshop which is on-campus. Expect the bill to run to $300-$400; .
per semester? per unit? :O per course?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
per semester? per unit? :O per course?
Per semester. That's why you should check out what returners (and the second-hand place) are offering before you go anywhere near the UCB. It can be a stretch even with GuvLuv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)