Books That Make You Cry (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
People cry to some weird books...

I cried at the end of Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli.
I think i may have also shed a tear when Dobby died.

Rarely shed book tears though. Oh i also cried when I read the Wiki page on the Port Arthur Massacre.

Misericorde

HSC
Thomas Hardy's Jude the Obscure. But after your first Hardy novel you grow jaded towards everything else he writes.

de__locke

HSC
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and Obsession by Julia Lawrence.

danal353

HSC
What books always make you all sad and emotional?

Mine are:
- The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
- When You Wake and Find Me Gone - Maureen McCarthy
- The Power of One - Bryce Courtney

harry potter and the deathly hallows made be bawl forever - snape's story was so sad...

Tangent

HSC
Threshold Y-Y
and i read a chapter of the child called it, that was enough for me, i felt down for the rest of the day

Lukybear

HSC
I was extremely sad after reading Death of a Salesman. It wasnt just about the death of willy, but something so true about what Miller describes.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I was extremely sad after reading Death of a Salesman. It wasnt just about the death of willy, but something so true about what Miller describes.
Yeah I'd agree with that

Didn't really get upset til the very end when the wife is having her little speech by the grave

But yeah it wasn't really about the fact that Willy was dead 'cause tbh I didn't like him much

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Harry Potter; Order of the Phoenix

The Giver by Lois Lowry - I won't tell you what bit made me sad, cause It'll spoil the book if anyone else reads it, but yeah...

Coxcomb

HSC
To Kill a Mockingbird for mine was an emotional experience which helped me to realise the darker actions of humans over the years. I will never become tired of that book.

HSC
When I was younger, about 9/10/11...'Swashbuckler' by James Maloney...I was 10. Couldn't sleep at all the night I read it.
Also, 'Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes' and the stories 'Shake' and 'Forever' by Paul Jennings.
I don't really cry when reading books now. I more just get really really sad and I can't stop thinking about them.
'The Kite Runner' was devastating but really beautiful. Same with 'The Power of One', but in a different way...

Last edited:
HSC
Oh...and how could I forget 'Looking for Alibrandi' and 'On the Jellicoe Road' by Melina Marchetta?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)