BOP vs CAD essay (1 Viewer)

deano777

HSC
Quick question, is there any difference between a balance of payments essay (e.g. Describe the issues associated with trends in Australia's Balance of Payments. Analyse the impact of these issues on the economic performance of the Australian economy.) and a 'normal' CAD essay? Obviously the BOP contains the Capital and Financial accounts as well, but are they relevant?

Cheers

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Quick question, is there any difference between a balance of payments essay (e.g. Describe the issues associated with trends in Australia's Balance of Payments. Analyse the impact of these issues on the economic performance of the Australian economy.) and a 'normal' CAD essay? Obviously the BOP contains the Capital and Financial accounts as well, but are they relevant?

Cheers
why wouldn't they be lol?

deano777

HSC
I meant how would I structure it? As in, would I attempt to make the essay 50% CA, 50% KAFA or would I mention and outline KAFA whilst going into depth on CAD? Friends seem to think BOP means talk about only CAD, but I'm not sure.

Kieran95

HSC
You certainly focus on the CA but obviously you would describe the links between the two categories.

freeeeee

HSC
do they ask balance of payment essays? usually it is just analyse reasons for persistent CAD etc

deano777

HSC
do they ask balance of payment essays? usually it is just analyse reasons for persistent CAD etc
Due to CAD (causes and effects) being my best essay, I hope they don't ask BOP :p

The question I stated was from a practice paper put together by my tutor from other practice papers. I think he said it was from Riverside (??) but not sure what year.

freeeeee

HSC
i am pretty sure they dont ask analyse/examine Q on BOP, even if they did, the focus would be on CA
The most you could say is explain the relationship between CA and C and F account

Blocy

HSC
N/A
i am pretty sure they dont ask analyse/examine Q on BOP, even if they did, the focus would be on CA
The most you could say is explain the relationship between CA and C and F account
You could talk about equity and FDI inflows; a majority of mining investments (~70%) are foreign owned, as a tangential way to connect the two accounts.

RishBonjour

HSC
fuarkk. a CAD essay would be amazing.
But than again, I recon most people would smash it.

freeeeee

HSC
^ great way yeh, as mining investment has been primarily equity-based

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)