• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Borat thread. (1 Viewer)

L

littlewing69

FireFlower said:
I think Sacha Baron Cohen uses Kazakstan to represent the way in which westerners perceve foreigners. I don't think he means to pick on Kazakstan specifically, but rather use it to show how westerners have these stereotypical ideas about places that they know very little about. Kazakstan is just a vehicle to show up American ignorance.

Precisely.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I've watched it and it was quite o.k. I loved the part where he falls over in the crockery shop and that part where they are both naked and wrestling- thank God they got arrested otherwise my laughter would turn into an uneasy feeling.

The ending could've been improved. It was too quick and I wanted to know where Pamela went.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i read in who weekly (the fountain of knowledge that it is) that the cops were called 91 times - now that's impressive!!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
lukeskywilliams said:
The Borat a new movie film is a nice ! I like you !
I would not have understood that if i hadn't watched the film.

But now that i've seen it: i a see you quite hilarious man ... not!

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard it was crap, and had a very crappy storyline...this seems to be becoming a habit with most movies nowadays.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Sparcod said:
Shrikar, you'll enjoy the fight scene in the hotel!
Watching the hotel fight scene, I couldn't figure out whether to laugh my head off or wince in disgust. The "Eat My Asshole" taunts didn't help either...

Pilgrim

HSC
agentprovocater said:
hi guys

i myself havent seen it, but a Kazakstani ive spoken to says she's very offended and that it defames her country/it's people..she mentioned most of it is crap..

yea yea i noe its satire and if i see it i'll prolli enjoy it heaps, but i gess some ppl dont appreciate satire when its abt their backgrounds etc..
How many fucking Kazakstani people can you have possibly ever met. None is my guess.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I find it interesting that Sascha Barton Cohen is actually very religious. He keeps kosher and the whole shiznit. He went to an orthodox Jewish school.

I got to see an early preview at the uni i'm going to in the US a while back. The theatre was packed and that really added a lot to the experience. Everyone was in tears. I literallly fell of my chair laughing about 3 times. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD with hopefully a million deleted scenes.

HSC
Shrikar said:
I heard it was crap, and had a very crappy storyline...this seems to be becoming a habit with most movies nowadays.
You're right, the world needs more movies about pro wrestling.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Those who think the movie is making fun of Kazakstan are so stupid they shouldn't even be entitled to hold an opinion. Talk about missing the point of a film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)