Bored first yr at UNSW (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
politik said:
Claudia Gormly IS A RETARD. She puts the lecture slides on WebCT after the lectures. At least my INFS1603 lecturer - Dr Land - puts them up beforehand.
You bring the course resource kit into the lecture, not the lecture slides. It worked well, since we had both the CRK and the lecture notes to study from.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
k3tan said:
For QMA I have the azn with the french accent. first lecture he's like 'DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?!' rofl. i dont like him. i dunno, his lectures are weird. i probably wont learn much.
omg can u believe it
he used the exact same line in my first qma lecture back then..
loser..

HSC
k3tan said:
for my LEGT1711 i have a feminist :( and i know no one in that lecture :( there was this guy answering a question, he had the BASSIEST voice ive ever heard. it was seriously dolby digital surround sound 5.1 setup.
LMFAO!!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
feminist ?
omg, wot happen to legt1711
whered jason harris go
anyone ?

@ k3tan, nope, ull find qma lects are a waste of time

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
k3tan said:
For QMA I have the azn with the french accent. first lecture he's like 'DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?!' rofl. i dont like him. i dunno, his lectures are weird. i probably wont learn much.
Don't bag out Yeung! He's funny!

The line was from Rush Hour 2.

Jackie Chan (Lee): Do you understand the words that are a-coming out of my mouth?
Chris Tucker (James Carter): Don't nobody understand the words that are comin' out of your mouth.

Meh. If you liked the movie, you would have found the line funny.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
politik said:
Claudia Gormly IS A RETARD. She puts the lecture slides on WebCT after the lectures. At least my INFS1603 lecturer - Dr Land - puts them up beforehand.
It was like that when I did accounting two years ago. It isn't just that lecturer, all of them do it. You are meant to use the resource kit, the system works well.

politik said:
From what i've experienced the CRK doesn't even match the content she's displaying on the overhead.
It should follow the kit, or you are not paying enough attention in lectures. If it truely isn't following, you should have a chat with the lecturer as to why. Also you only had two hours of accounting lectures, hardly enough to draw conclusions.

Furthermore, you should think about what you say on these forums, lecturers and uni staff do frequent these forums.

Last edited:

Haku

politik said:
I think im still learning my techniques, so ill let her slide. But my other lecturers put the slides up early.

Her announcement doesn't really document why she does it:
The lecture slides will be put up on WeCT Vista in printable format at the end of the lecture week. For example, the slides for Lectures 1 & 2 will be on WebCt Vista Friday 3rd March. You may notice some variations in the slides you saw in lectures to the slides on WebCT, a further illustration of the dynamic nature of accounting.
ROFL, everything to her shows how dynamic accounting is. The CRK does match the lectures and generally as long u fill out the blanks in it u won't need to go over the actual lecture slides.

Don't you just love Econ, it is all that we learned at school, how mad is it.

Haku

na, not accounting.

For econ and psyc just the stupid number of assessments u gotta do is shit, i got to think about what i have to do instead of doing it. Acct is much better.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Louis is the best QMA lecturer there is. I might catch up with him again some day..
Claudia is just a B*tch...

FINS1612.. Kathy seems alright... for now

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
Casmira said:
i wasnt sucking up, i asked her a question about how she was saying in acct1501 companies dont re-evaluate their capital, plant and property at cost price but i told her woolworths actually do (by showing original price and re-evaluated price every 3 years)

So it wasnt a question? It was merely a smart ass wanabe suck up comment. i see. good job mate.

HSC
Kutar Maggi said:
So it wasnt a question? It was merely a smart ass wanabe suck up comment. i see. good job mate.
actually its pointing out a inconstency with what she said

she said that they dont re-evaluate, they did

i wanted to know why so i can clarify something

if you never want to clarify what you learn and you like to cruise through uni with your conceeded pass or pass go for it, but I want my C and D average so i'll have too nitpick

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Why are students this year all attacking each other on the forums?
Can't you all just get along and don't be so stuck up...

Being a perfectionist is what gets you the HDs, if you don't ask questions or make comments in uni then you are not learning. Congrats to Casmira for having the guts to say something in the lectures and I encourage you to continue to do so.

HSC
oh well if I can get my HD then i am even happier, but i will ask questions because i want to go well and i want to learn and i want my masters

HSC
she said oh yeh they do but they always keep the initial cost price there (it did show the initial cost price then after the reassessment adjustment)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
You will eventually learn how accrual can be misleading and many prefer cash.
But accrual can also be useful looking at future earnings.

sarevok

HSC
yeah, ask those question, it's a good idea
if you get the lecturers to know you, it will pay off if you decide to apply for honours

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
Casmira said:
actually its pointing out a inconstency with what she said

she said that they dont re-evaluate, they did

i wanted to know why so i can clarify something

if you never want to clarify what you learn and you like to cruise through uni with your conceeded pass or pass go for it, but I want my C and D average so i'll have too nitpick

Casmira please forgive me for my ignorance. I too alas had to ask many questions this week which were indeed helpful. I am truly sorry for my insincere and irrelevant comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)