• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BOS English Premier League Fantasy Soccer/Football League (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I dropped about 5 places, and probably further when actim comes out :(

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
When does Actim come out? I think I'll get a good 10 extra points from King and Lampard

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
if i had lampard as my captain i would be in the top 4 as well! but eh thats the way things go aye,

T

timbk2

i should get actim points for lampard, murphy and MGP.
hopefully RVN too.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Losing team rarely get Actim points, I know how Actim is collected and how a losing side can have great stats, but I'm just saying from previous rounds.
EDIT: Actim just got added, I got an extra three through Lampard so ended the week with an embarassing 41.

The goalscorers are so overexaggerated in the Actim thing it's amazing. I mean how long did Pandiani play for? Less than 20 minutes, and he scored a very scrappy, tap in goal. So how does he get three friggin bonus points?

Last edited:
HSC
Why is it that Repka got 3 bonus points when he didn't save or score, but instead got a yellow card?

Not that i'm complaining, but i dont really understand the bonus points thing...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Why is it that Repka got 3 bonus points when he didn't save or score, but instead got a yellow card?

Not that i'm complaining, but i dont really understand the bonus points thing...
Kept a clean sheet didn't he? And since nobody in that game scored...
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=actimFAQ#2
There's details about the index, but I still think there's obvious bias to a goal scorer rather than an inspiration on the day (eg: Danny Murphy a few weeks back, bagged two assists and was passing magically, didn't get a single bonus).

slip

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Gotta love my Tottenham players - a good 13 points between Robinson and Defoe makes me 4th in the league :)
you scored 2 more point then me this week and now you lead me by 1 overall. its on now!!!

watch your back this week, my team is coming to get you :p hehe

seriously thou, very pissed off i put ruud as captain and not lampard. tossing up who to make skipper this week, barton, lampard, murphy or owen.

lampard and murphy have tough fixtures (thats a small wrap for liverpool and tottenham)

barton played shite this last week and owen is a striker but playing well and playing a shit team...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/bonus.mc?event=7

bonuses.

Criteria for Bonus :
Calculation 1 - Assesses a player's contribution to a winning team, based on points won by the team when he appeared.
Calculation 2 - Assesses a player's performance in each game, by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance

HSC
slip said:
seriously thou, very pissed off i put ruud as captain and not lampard.
That makes two of us.
We're still even... apart from the fact that 3 years ago, the peak of my football knowledge was that there was a guy called 'David Beckham' and my friend thought he was hot...

copious said:
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/bonus.mc?event=7

bonuses.

Criteria for Bonus :
Calculation 1 - Assesses a player's contribution to a winning team, based on points won by the team when he appeared.
Calculation 2 - Assesses a player's performance in each game, by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance
Isn't that really subjective? Like they can add up who gave the most assists, who defended well etc, but then that's a matter of quantity, not quality. Is one really good 'positive action' better than 3 normal ones?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Isn't that really subjective? Like they can add up who gave the most assists, who defended well etc, but then that's a matter of quantity, not quality. Is one really good 'positive action' better than 3 normal ones?
Actions doesnt neccesarily mean an assist, a goal or a tackle. It could of meant Tomas Repka shutdown Henry for an entire 90 mins and he had only 1 shot on goal or some crap, but even if say Sheringham scored 2 goals to win the game 2 - 1, Repka could still get max bonus points even though he didnt contribute an assist or a goal.

I hope i interpreted your question correctly o_O

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i hope to crawl from the moss that exists on the bottom levels of the ladder :eek:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
hehe, shot up to second after a good round. i checked it today. i havent been paying it much attention, i still have rooney in the squad- as captain. still managed to get off the bottom, preety sweet.

ive been neglecting epl as well, probably should check that now...

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I am pleased with my performance as a soccer illiterate, however my sportal team needs a bit of work. I hate pricks that dont play on game day. lol.

HSC
Hooray for Ruud! :)

He should've played for another 7 mins, i would've got more points... oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)