BOS Labs (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Is BoS going to include more details of this?

If I had a brilliant idea, I would use it myself, no?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'll help you guys out with the marketing stuff if needed :)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
zahid said:
lol...i ahve nearly finished typing up my proposal....just gota do my resume after the HSc, then ill send it in. It's one of 20 ideas that I have.
Edit: to the mods...do I have to write up an actual biz plan as such?
Remember, green coloured crescent moon fridge magnents only count as one idea.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
santaslayer said:
If I had a brilliant idea, I would use it myself, no?
BOS Labs is for students who want help or assistance with turning their ideas into reality; many students have great vision but lack practical experience with entrepreneurship and project management, or don't have the resources to see their project through.

BOS Labs is aimed at students who fit that description.

Callistogenic

HSC
Would we write this in the knowledge that we know the Admins, or are we to treat you as complete strangers? (Informal proposal vs. formal, that's what I'm getting at.)

stamos

sellout
HSC
james king is going into intellectual property law (i think?)
james king is getting people to email him their ideas

lucky you've got such a good reputation for integrity dude

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
to all these people saying that they dont want to share their ideas, fine, you are the same people who refuse to post up notes or answer questions for fear that someone else may learn it better than you, to the admins, i think this is just another example of what these guys are doing for us, so thanku, if anyone wants 2 go off and make their own business, well done, but most of u will simply talk about the idea at the pub and never actually do shit all then when ur 70 and someone makes a similar product, u will claim u did it first, to those people, send in an email, what do u have to lose?

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
dawso said:
send in an email, what do u have to lose?
Well if you are one of the few people who are dead-set determined to put their ideas into action and actually create a profitable business out of them... then I'd say you would lose a very large % of any profits and also most likely lose a large %, if not the majority of ownership and say in your business.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
as i said, if u hav an idead AND THE KNOW HOW, AND RESOURCES to develop the project, then go ahead, good luck to you, but if your a student out in coonabarabran who has the latest idea of a great new shit harvester that is brilliant but all you do for a job is pick up the shit and u got no one else to turn to then you have two options....

1 - keep picking up shit all day
2 - email bos labs and maybe make something of your life

well thats my opinion at least, i did a similar thing and went to a local company for my d+t project and they gave me my initial capital and since i have worked with them, without signing over the rights and now am about to go into mass production as partners

(this post had no intention of putting down the coonabarabran community and any similiarity to real people, either living or dead is entirely coincidental and any likeness is unintended :D)

is a roflcopter
HSC
haha i heard you have an investment banker on your board kekekeke

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
What if the idea that the person has has nothing to do with Bored of Studies eg. setting up a company dealing in say, hot air balloons or something? Can they still apply for BoS Labs?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
ujuphleg said:
What if the idea that the person has has nothing to do with Bored of Studies eg. setting up a company dealing in say, hot air balloons or something? Can they still apply for BoS Labs?
Definitely.

BOS Labs was never intended to be aimed exclusively at ideas revolving around the boredofstudies.org website.

If you're a student who is passionate about a fantastic business idea - that's enough. :)

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
This is such a rip of The Dragon's Den, only instead of being entrepreneurs, the admins simply get money of accidental google-add clicks.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
rhapsody11 said:
This is such a rip of The Dragon's Den, only instead of being entrepreneurs, the admins simply get money of accidental google-add clicks.
Well, how else do you exect them to pay for the site?

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
Advertising money would not give them enough capital to act as a VC (venture capitalist), unless they aren't actually properly acting as VCs.

So they are either using this BOSLabs to:

*rip people of their ideas
*only taking on ideas which require very little startup capital
*have funding from a third-party

... lack of information on the whole thing is very suspicious.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I think there'll be more info in due time. I think the lack of info is just to see the potential interest in the project.

HSC
So what has BOS labs got to show for itself? It's been sitting there long enough. Has anyone used it?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I decided not to send my proposal to BOS LABS...because i have a job now, and can fund my own investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)