BoS Maths Trials 2017 (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thanks to all those who have registered so far. The response has been overwhelming!

For those who PM'ed me in past few days, I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as I can.

We appreciate your patience! :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Important Update

Thanks for inundating me with PMs but we have now hit our anticipated capacity. However, the good news is that we attempted to get a second room in the last minute for students to meet the overwhelming demand. We managed to get a second room in the afternoon though.

Whilst this is not ideal, it does mean that we can take more students than originally planned. The only catch is that they can only sit ONE exam. As a result, I have introduced a second session for the Mathematics Extension 2 exam which will occur (roughly) concurrently with the Mathematics Extension 1 exam.

We will now only accept registrations for ONE exam sitting in the afternoon session for either:
• Mathematics Extension 1 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)
• Mathematics Extension 2 (1.00pm - 4.00pm)

PS: Locking in that second room was part of the reason why I was unable to reply to PMs in the past two days so apologies for the inconvenience there

Last edited:

aoc

HSC
I was considering doing it but I don't want to embarrass myself by getting the lowest score in both test haha.
im pretty sure i got close to the lowest scores for both tests last year haha but its still worth it since it shows you how much you dont know and in the upcoming HSC it will tell you what topics to consolidate on

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Important Update

Thanks for inundating me with PMs but we have now hit our anticipated capacity. However, the good news is that we attempted to get a second room in the last minute for students to meet the overwhelming demand. We managed to get a second room in the afternoon though.

Whilst this is not ideal, it does mean that we can take more students than originally planned. The only catch is that they can only sit ONE exam. As a result, I have introduced a second session for the Mathematics Extension 2 exam which will occur (roughly) concurrently with the Mathematics Extension 1 exam.

We will now only accept registrations for ONE exam sitting in the afternoon session for either:
• Mathematics Extension 1 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)
• Mathematics Extension 2 (1.00pm - 4.00pm)

PS: Locking in that second room was part of the reason why I was unable to reply to PMs in the past two days so apologies for the inconvenience there
does this mean more marking

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Update

The exam day is only a few days away! There are still a small number of places remaining for the afternoon session exams. If you have not registered already and are keen to do the exams, please do so as soon as possible.

Some things to note on the day

If you are coming in for the morning session Mathematics Extension 2 exam, you will be in room G51 at the UNSW Mining and Engineering building. If you are staying around for the Mathematics Extension 1 exam you will remain in that same room.

If you are coming in for the afternoon session exams only (either Mathematics Extension 1 or Mathematics Extension 2), you will be in room 151 at the UNSW Mining and Engineering building.

This event is sponsored by UNSW School of Mining and Engineering and we are thankful for their hospitailty in providing us with the rooms. The school will be providing some lunch catering at around 1pm. For those who are starting the afternoon session of the Mathematics Extension 2 exam around that time, feel free to grab a quick bite just before you head in.

For those who just finished their morning session exam, the school will also be coming in and doing some quick demos on VR headsets and AVIE throughout the 1 hour lunch break in between exams. I encourage you to check them out during your break (especially if you are thinking about studying engineering at uni).

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
FYI registrations will be finalised by 5pm Sunday.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
you still have time xDD
Finalised 4U =) We are in the process of checking 3U now.

We made 4U multiple choice 100x easier than previous years, but I think the last question is quite difficult compared to previous years.

NinjaDatHSC

HSC
N/A
Finalised 4U =) We are in the process of checking 3U now.

We made 4U multiple choice 100x easier than previous years, but I think the last question is quite difficult compared to previous years.
Oh god

Hard for Carrotsticks means hong kong olympiad times 1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)