BoS Maths Trials 2019 (1 Viewer)

aa180

HSC
Thanks for pointing this out. I have changed the files for both posts accordingly.

I pray this is the last mistake/technical gap we have *sighs heavily*
You're welcs. Does that now mean that everyone who sat the paper gets a free mark for it or nah?

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
You're welcs. Does that now mean that everyone who sat the paper gets a free mark for it or nah?
eh; no, I doubt Trebla will go that way. Also nobody in the exam brought it up, so they must have made the implicit assumption as well

we're not that pedantic about the marking system so don't expect us to be like "oh this q was flawed free marks"

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wow this is definitely harder than the previous years. I see that Carrotsticks having extra assistance from former BOS members (who are also math whizzes :p) definitely revoluntionised the content.

However, with the new syllabus being implemented, I wonder what mathematical theorem do you plan to use that could be solved using strictly high-school math.
I had virtually no involvement in the papers this year. Too busy with other things. The other guys did a great job with filling in the gap that I've left!

Though, from next year with the new syllabus content, I will surely be back on board at full capacity.

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Just wanna say, that probability question after all the conic section stuff in q16 is super nice. Really cool paper overall.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Why is literally half of Bos a bunch of Math majors 🤔

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Since some people asked at the seminars today, if you want to know the answer to a particular question please ask in this forum.

The full solutions will take some time to put together because we have to structure and check everything properly in LaTeX with diagrams and all - so please be patient. We’ll be more than happy to answer anything specific.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
apparently 90% of these students think that inverses that are tangent to each other are tangent to y=x. the syllabus teaches inverse functions so badly.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
basically what i am saying is that almost nobody was able to justify m²=1 in the only way that is correct. they claimed (falsely, as well) that the slope must be 1. given the base of the exponential is less than 1, this is literally impossible.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
apparently 90% of these students think that inverses that are tangent to each other are tangent to y=x. the syllabus teaches inverse functions so badly.
Math isn't my area but isn't this the case???????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)