BOS Showcase: 2009 Major Works (1 Viewer)

Clifford

HSC
They've been wrapped, tagged and posted... don't get any ideas!

boganxcore

HSC
okay here it is, its not that great but have a look through if you want. let me know what you think :)

Clifford

HSC
I'm wondering, moderators, if it's possible to put all the uploaded MWs onto one page (the front?) It's getting difficult treading through the thread to find MW and whatnot. Is that possible?

5233andy

HSC
Hooray! Thanks for taking the time to read it and posting your comment.

I must admit that almost everyone that I had given my work to said that it was lacking in the definition of terms, as well as clarity being an issue. Compared with my initial drafts, I don't think that it would've been possible for me to further simplify things, on the basis that Conrad, Shakespeare and Nietzsche are not simple individuals, meaning that the over-simplification of my work would be condescending towards them.

Books are inscriptions of the human condition and the associated Nietzschean aspect of egocentrality - Love this line

I love this it is awesome, as i love Nietzhce's work, and conrads. Your reference to Macbeth is interesting and I can see the link. I did get confused at one point, but really its no big deal:

This entails the petty mindedness that ‘I am a prophet of the lightning and a heavy drop from the cloud: but this lightning is called Übermensch’. It is through “Ultraman” that we are able to make full comprehension of our compass bearings, and ultimately, be able to conquer the human induced realities that can be observed in this day and age. - page 6

Its just that Übermensch means superhuman as you referenced earlier (this is correct) then you say Ultraman which in german is ultramann, but thats just one little grammar thing, that has no negative effects on the over all piece.

I really do love this its awesome. Well done you should go well.

Clifford

HSC
I know you're lurking Zeppelin, what's the speeches question we had to do?

zeppelinqueen12

HSC
Clifford! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

For Kyi, we had to name her central themes and purpose, what langauge devices she uses, and compare her speech to Atwood's.

Write a thesis for the following question: "ultimately, it is a representation of deeply held ideas that captivate an audience." refer to 2 speeches. We only need to write a paragraph.

Ugh. If you're doing it, that means I have to as well.

And I'm not lurking! I'm....checking.

Clifford

HSC
Easy enough. Zeppelin, we need to keep the pace on, keep the competitiveness up.

I've just been jumping in and checking too. There must be someway we can re-energise this forum. It was such a thriving bubble of lolz and laughs (tautology competitive tournament, Zeppelin?) and now it's all sad and grim.

Could we get a film?

ixswans

HSC
Mine is much simpler than everyones on here. Fantastic reads!

Here it is..

'To the End They Remain'

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
okay, everyone goes on about how intelligent you must be when you say you do 4u maths, but not enough credit goes to the 4u english students. the major works here are amazing!!! =]]]].

i wish i could just write a story that gets better than 6/15 in belonging =[[.

i'm incredibly impressed with your talents. well done =]].

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
okay here it is, its not that great but have a look through if you want. let me know what you think :)
Boganxcore: I love your story, its amazing.

I had a vivid image of Surry Hills in my mind as I read it. You must've done heaps of research for it.

Congratulations to everyone on finishing their major works.

Clifford

HSC
Anyway here's mine: Poetry, MW+RS, Water/Sounds
View attachment 19123 (RS at end)[/quote]

I'm drunk off this, if you know what I mean. It pulled me to that state where you can write and think, and that's such an accomplishment, and I am so grateful to you for letting me feel this way. I haven't been lifted in so long.

I don't want to read the reflection statement. Somehow, it makes perfect sense to me, and hangs in balance so perfectly. I'm so glad to be part of our generation and know that someone else feels that ripple too.

This is too etheral to be marked, it's almost offensive to judge it.

This lifted me: Music of enormous twilight
pours down

It is saved on my computer. I think I'll print it out and keep it. Thank you so much.

Asubmarine

HSC
View attachment 19123 (RS at end)

It is saved on my computer. I think I'll print it out and keep it. Thank you so much.
Thankyou :), i'm really humbled by the fact you enjoyed it so much.

@ everyone (esp ms zeppelin) - I've been having a really lazy post-trials week and still intend to read as many of these MW's as possible. Am just not finding the dedication/attention span to give these works the attention they deserve atm. There's some feedback defs coming but might just take until I can re-gather my thoughts a little

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Ok, I have just read the script for Vampires + Bees = Comedy?

First may I just say that radio drama has to be my favourite medium, especialy for comedy. I was actually laughing out loud at this script and would love to hear how the recording turned out.

With each of your 'ad break' and innuendos I was pleasently reminded of the style of Stephen Fry in Saturday Night Fry, a radio programme from the 80's that I love with a passion- I suggest that you check it out if you haven't heard of it.

Two lines that I really love are "I don't swing that way..." and "blood is virtually fat and carb free".

I hope that the markers appreciate some humour and that this mw goes well. Oh, and congrats on developing your own take on the vampire legend that makes more sense than Meyers (not that that's hard...)
lols. Thanks for the comment, yeah i've heard it, never actually thought of that, dammit, could have used that in my RS but oh well. Thank you, vampire mythology is one of my passions :D. lols, my teacher couldn't make heads of tails of my piece lols. If you would like to hear, just pm your email and i can send it to you :D.

Hooray! Thanks for taking the time to read it and posting your comment.

I must admit that almost everyone that I had given my work to said that it was lacking in the definition of terms, as well as clarity being an issue. Compared with my initial drafts, I don't think that it would've been possible for me to further simplify things, on the basis that Conrad, Shakespeare and Nietzsche are not simple individuals, meaning that the over-simplification of my work would be condescending towards them.
So true, but it really is an absolutely amazing piece of work i like, its awesome. Not many people acknowledge nietzche or shakespeare.

Last edited:

Asubmarine

HSC
There's some feedback defs coming but might just take until I can re-gather my thoughts a little
Fuck it.

Wrote that and decided to atleast have a go. Started reading Zeppelinqueen's and couldn't stop.

Really enjoyed it. Was engaging both intellectually and as a readable narrative. I kept reading and kept finding little contradictions, but realised very quickly how deliberate it all was. Loved how you sort of developed really intricate concepts around really blunt tools (ie stereotypes). I think as an EE2 student asking questions on the validity of post-modernism is essential. It's almost our responsibility to respond to the hopelessness of the whole thing, and I think your story works really well as a personal response to this.
It's the kind of idea I want to sit down and talk for days about haha.

Also thought your writing style was particularly charming. Nothing too OTT but definitely had a quirky sort of feel to it.

Anyway congrats. You should be proud of what you've accomplished.

Ps- props for the Chet Baker pic

5233andy

HSC
Would anyone else like to critique my critical response? It's on page 14...

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
View attachment 19123 (RS at end)
I'm drunk off this, if you know what I mean. It pulled me to that state where you can write and think, and that's such an accomplishment, and I am so grateful to you for letting me feel this way. I haven't been lifted in so long.

I don't want to read the reflection statement. Somehow, it makes perfect sense to me, and hangs in balance so perfectly. I'm so glad to be part of our generation and know that someone else feels that ripple too.

This is too etheral to be marked, it's almost offensive to judge it.

This lifted me: Music of enormous twilight
pours down

It is saved on my computer. I think I'll print it out and keep it. Thank you so much.[/QUOTE]

Definitely one of if not the best poetry uploaded so far. Your poems are so simple yet so meaningful. Every single word holds so much meaning and you can tell that you have put a lot of thought into each of the poems. Hard for me to choose a favourite because i love so many of them.

Your poems are as much of a story as they are poems, each one flows onto the other seamlessly. I like how your reflection statement in a way hands the reader the keys to your mind when you wrote these poems, they aren't simply a compilation of words that rhyme.

"I believe that the finished product is one that holds significant poetic value and insight."
Trust me it definitely does, after reading your poems it feels like i have been exposed to your own little world. gw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)