BOW of 2009 : New Year, New Works :) (1 Viewer)

scottieboy11

HSC
im pretty sure ill be doing a parody on myself and how i find it so hard to think of ideas and always change at the last minute and how i never like them lol
prob make it like stop-motion video
chyeahhh!!

cheese!

HSC
I change my mind ALOT! At the moment I've been playing around with surrealism in photography, its not something thats too common so I might stick to it.
Have to say I'm excited for the holidays to get some decent work done on it! :)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
dolphy-chan said:
I've got my idea down pat, 'technological impact on my life' and I know how I'm going to do it and all, but I was just wondering, does anyone know when the actual thing is like due and has to be sent off? Because dates would be useful for me right about now....I need them deperately!! *stresses*
As far as I know the BOW is due week 5, term 3.
But just check the board of studies or something just incase.
This is only what my school assessment policy has stated for all major works (visual arts, wood tech etc.).
I wouldn't trust this completely though.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Considering that I suck at drawing realism, would I be able to get good marks doing something under the pop-art style (something like the Superflat movement or Takashi Murakami)?

Would I need a good concept backing it up as well :E

If I do do this, it would probably be somethign satirical or humorous.

rougesummer101

medical misc
HSC
My bow pretty much revolves around IVF, worried though because its a digital photography piece, ive heard there alot stricter on marking digitals cause there are so many people doing it,
if i could and it would be awsome i really want to get into art express

guys from the chaser went last year, my teacher talked to andrew hansen:spin:

MGNBKR

HSC
i'm so unkeen at the moment. i have 12 units, considering giving visual arts the chop! i had an idea to do oil portraits in a sort of vangogh style of people who are considered the 'fringe of society'. i was going to do 4, one obese, one homeless, one disabled and one non english speaking immigrant. haven't started it, art teacher wants to kill me, hate my idea!!!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
the concept doesn't really matter. whether it's cliched or not, as long as you convey your concept visually and technically sophisticated, you'll get a pretty good mark.
ignore cliche mine was about identiy and that is very cliched in art, and i got a band 5 in art, bow mark of 42/50 (you can request your bow mark from BOS)
and i did it in an "somewhat unusual form" it was a collection of works, photos & drawings, all black and white (black carboard and drew in chalk). so just go for it, don't be afraid if it is cliched or not, hardly anything in art can be considered seminal anymore.

I change my mind ALOT! At the moment I've been playing around with surrealism in photography, its not something thats too common so I might stick to it.
Have to say I'm excited for the holidays to get some decent work done on it! :)
don't worry i didn't decide on my final piece until about week 7 term 2 and went through 5 A3 diaries to document my progress. So don't worry you'll be fine.

and those of you who are considering working with oil paints don't forget that they take a while to cure, then they dry, so remember that.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Considering that I suck at drawing realism, would I be able to get good marks doing something under the pop-art style (something like the Superflat movement or Takashi Murakami)?

Would I need a good concept backing it up as well :E

If I do do this, it would probably be somethign satirical or humorous.

thats what mine was classed under, and i referred to takashi murakami. If you go through with it i suggest maybe looking at the works related to the eyes, flowers, mr. dob and my lonsome cowboy. These will be good reference points to the otaku lifestyle and the idea of superflat and pop-art. and mine wasn't very satirical or humerous, pop-art is (a lot of it) looking at the basic things of society, this could mean needs, objects, ideals etc. So don't worry and if not pop-art class it as post-modern (anything goes then)

Last edited:

nicbono

HSC
Im doing a passive portrait of phsycologival illness linked with ego, the concious and subconcious. how when they come together.
its pretty large and im working intencivly with chiaroascuro (oscuso and light), line and direction.
the conclusion to do this was from a great life influence - there are many phsycologically ill people that i know and are dear to me. so in an attempt to stop people having missconceptions 'trying to make it aware and out there"

you know when you say a word to many times it looses it meaning, basicly my concept has lost its touch with my attention. although i do still like it. it feels bland - or does it feel bland because the whole idea is bland?????
any ideas/remarks?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Im doing a passive portrait of phsycologival illness linked with ego, the concious and subconcious. how when they come together.
its pretty large and im working intencivly with chiaroascuro (oscuso and light), line and direction.
the conclusion to do this was from a great life influence - there are many phsycologically ill people that i know and are dear to me. so in an attempt to stop people having missconceptions 'trying to make it aware and out there"

you know when you say a word to many times it looses it meaning, basicly my concept has lost its touch with my attention. although i do still like it. it feels bland - or does it feel bland because the whole idea is bland?????
any ideas/remarks?

I still don't get exactly what you are going to paint (assuming you are painting) is it an abstract or literal portrayal? If your going to use chiaroscuro, make sure you include a study of Carravagio/Goya/Gentileschi in your vapd, do some painting excersises similar to their works to help you get the technique down properly :)

HSC
hey everyone...just wondering...a quick question...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE fashion... and i HATE all the painting, sculpture, arty thing... although i LOVE to design clothes and do design drawings....

so...i was thinking if it was possible to design a fashion collection...with 10 or so outfits... i would probably have to make it heaps arty...wouldn't i?really out there... i just hate the whole painting on a canvas thing... and then i could also submit the design pictures... and experiment with different methods of doing/presenting those.

what do you think? is it to textile-ish ?

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
i don't know, it sounds a bit much like a textiles MW- crossover, yeah.

Angria

HSC
hey all :)

one more year to go... it's creeping me out. anyways, to vintageconsumer, my thoughts are that so long as the peices reflect a strong concept/message/influece etc. you should be fine. only avoid creating something that looks like you've bought clothes off a rack and dislpayed them as art... although that probably has been done before... haha, nothing is impossible in the art world. for instance, you could tell the story of a homeless person or an individual by the clothes they wear - textiles works very well with the subject of identity :)

hope that helps, peace, angria.

OscarMore? Phew

HSC
I don't know EK Downie.....If that is your real name. Im think of a collection of nude paintings, i mean im really good at painting and i like the naked body haha. You reckon you cud help with out with that?

Oh ps cant wait till thursday haha wooh horror.

Ohk real post. Anyone doing Video for drama, my art teacher is crazy and im not really getting what she means. Any help? I really need it

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
hey everyone...just wondering...a quick question...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE fashion... and i HATE all the painting, sculpture, arty thing... although i LOVE to design clothes and do design drawings....

so...i was thinking if it was possible to design a fashion collection...with 10 or so outfits... i would probably have to make it heaps arty...wouldn't i?really out there... i just hate the whole painting on a canvas thing... and then i could also submit the design pictures... and experiment with different methods of doing/presenting those.

what do you think? is it to textile-ish ?
Plenty of people do this for their major works, there was this one i loved in art express last year, it was like pixie/fairy outfits, all made of natural fabrics that she had dyed herself, it was really well done. So i don't see why you couldn't make clothes (though ten sounds like a hell of a lot)

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
I don't know EK Downie.....If that is your real name. Im think of a collection of nude paintings, i mean im really good at painting and i like the naked body haha. You reckon you cud help with out with that?

Oh ps cant wait till thursday haha wooh horror.

Ohk real post. Anyone doing Video for drama, my art teacher is crazy and im not really getting what she means. Any help? I really need it

oscar you r such a perrrrve
hahha
naked bodies? well then that means my major would be waaayyy better :D
yes, thursday was fabo

aliwonga

HSC
I haven't even started mine =='
less than 3 terms to go! ><

anyways, lucky thank you God that my teacher this week helped me (sort of help) and told me to trace figures I drawn from my VAPD n construct them around...

n then today I talked to my classmate about what I really want to do (HEaven and Hell) and made me draw up some images (how it look like to me) in my VAPD with pastals ... teacher like it! :D

So might be doing abstract/impressionism artwork on Heaven and Hell

rougesummer101

medical misc
HSC
El importanto!

Ok this is way important and absoultley serious,
I have dreams and they come true all the time, im a bit duboir in that way you know.

so alright i had a dream that someone was doing a series of paintings, one was of this rainy day, kind of just a backdrop looking thing still very nice, and one was a absoulty beautiful portrait of dylan moran...
is anyone doing this for the bow, just like to know :)

MrsLucia

HSC
I'm doing my BOW from a parody kind of point of view - I go so sick of analysing nonsensical artworks, so mine will have so many different clashing concepts that it becomes basically impossible to read into. Basically its questioning 'What is art?'
because my art teacher is a bit of a nazi about it.
In short, I do whatever I feel like doing and stick it all together and say it is commenting on some huge aspect of the art world, while at the same time actually enjoying myself in art.

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)