Bowling (1 Viewer)

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Ahem, with bowling YES.
How on earth can you become good and make rep teams (yes bowling does have rep teams just like other sports) if you do not have the money to go away and experience a different centres atmosphere and lane conditions.
And yeah I will keep following my dream, thank you for your encouragement...as far as the timeslot for bowling you are so wrong. Try Fox Sports at 3pm Tuesday arvos and then the re run later in the week. And I suppose thats just too bad about not being able to name a Pro bowler...not that ur up to the standards Maria Sharpova would have liked anyways...

A full weights program?? Id love to watch you try and through 15lb at a consistant speed, over the same spot for the same amount of time I can...

davo_

good kid
HSC
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
Ahem, with bowling YES.
How on earth can you become good and make rep teams (yes bowling does have rep teams just like other sports) if you do not have the money to go away and experience a different centres atmosphere and lane conditions.

A full weights program?? Id love to watch you try and through 15lb at a consistant speed, over the same spot for the same amount of time I can...
It'd be pretty easy to make a rep team wouldn't it? I mean not that many people take it seriously enough to be bothered with it.

And bout the second thing: Sorry muscles.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Its not as easy as it seems to make a rep team (especially depending on where you are from).

Id just like to know why a lot of you people cannot expand your minds. It seems as though a lot of you are all afraid of something different and unknown...why dont you try and live a little.

davo_

good kid
HSC
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
Its not as easy as it seems to make a rep team (especially depending on where you are from).

Id just like to know why a lot of you people cannot expand your minds. It seems as though a lot of you are all afraid of something different and unknown...why dont you try and live a little.
haha live a little by ten pin bowling? I'm not going to give you shit this time, but the majority if not everyone has tried ten pin bowling here before. This means I suppose we have "lived a little". Its your choice to play the sport and I don't really care if you do- or anyone else does for that matter-, but don't try to thrust it onto everyone giving it greatest sport in the world status.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Ok so you're telling me you have all tried it in some sort of junior league level?? Thats the type of try I mean..not as in just go down to the nearest centre and have a game...

Peartie

HSC
my highest is 230 without bumpers or ramp (and ive only done that once)...usually get between 100 and 160......and i dont really go that often...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
whyyyy must you try and shove bowling down everyone's throat?!! if they don't like it.. they dont like it!!!

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Bookie said:
Well obviously he doesn't want to try it at junior league level because he thought it was crap as a competitive sport when 'he went down to his nearest centre'.
How can someone think it is crap at a competitive level without trying it first??? A league of some description is the first step into the competitive level...

Morning Glory - I am not trying to shove it down everyones throats...it just really annoys me that people come on here bagging something that is different to what he/she does. All I did was start a simple thread to see if anyone here bowled at all...I didnt want to start WWIII because my opinions are differing to the majority of others here...

davo_

good kid
HSC
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
How can someone think it is crap at a competitive level without trying it first??? A league of some description is the first step into the competitive level...
What Bookie was saying is; why would i bother taking it more seriously if it didn't appeal to me start with?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
haha ... this thread is still going, it should die ...
the only reason its gone on so long is that you all keep argue-ing and jen keeps imortalising the bloody game as if its god, nothing so stupid should seriously be called a "sport" ... put it in the hobbies and interests section ... the end

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
RUB!X said:
haha ... this thread is still going, it should die ...
the only reason its gone on so long is that you all keep argue-ing and jen keeps imortalising the bloody game as if its god, nothing so stupid should seriously be called a "sport" ... put it in the hobbies and interests section ... the end
Actually Im just trying to get my point across and standing up for what I believe in.
I put this topic here in Sport coz thats what it is...SPORT...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
blah blah if you call it sport fine. but you have to undertsand that as far as im aware, bowling is obviously more well known as a leisure thing. i know that you are just voicing your opinions etc but theres no need to criticse people who dont take it as seriously as you do

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
people shouldn't critisize her tho, it is a sport, who cares if you dont agree, you dont have to post in the thread :p

she was never trying to force ppl to like bowling anyway, she was defending herself coz she was being bombarded with stupid, immature comments. give her a break!

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
as far as im concerned it works both ways in this situation serry, whilst the boys were crticising jen for liking it professionally, she was criticising them for only liking it leisurely..

and about the disagreeing thing, this is a forum!! people are encouraged to discuss.. agreeing or disagreeing.. and before you jump down my throat about bos members were only criticising, im not supporting them in this argument, im merely saying that this would be a boring place if everyone agreed all the time :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)