Boy, 8, accidentally kills himself with Uzi (1 Viewer)

impervious182

HSC
That's sad, the parents must be upset.

So much for the beloved freedom to bear arms in America. Look, I don't have a strong view either way, but certainly some parents need to be more responsible and keep guns in locked unaccessible places to children. What an eight-year-old boy was doing at a gun fair, holding an Uzi I'll never know - that's a disgrace and there should certainly be restrictions (e.g. age limits) for those who go to gun fairs and certainly live ammo should not be used. What if that eight-year-old boy had been the very stupid 'white supremacists' arrested in America yesterday? What if they had been 'black supremacists'? Although all hypothetical it is very possible and incidents like this, undermine the right to own arms in America all together.

However an Uzi? I'm pretty sure that the right doesn't extend to that. I don't see the point of the 'Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo'... why would anyone who is not in the military need one?

The arms controls are generally quite good in America in comparison to other countries with where arms are legalised though... This incident is sad though.

Last edited:

Ruki

-Queen of the Damned-
HSC
It just seems beyond me how they can justify giving an EIGHT YEAR OLD a gun to fire at a range?

I just don't get it... And yeah i do feel sorry for his family, but how could you do that to your child in the first place?

:(

JJBearPaw

HSC
Yes. Because when I think gun fair, I think "all ages, family event".

What happened to carnivals? >_<"

"C'mon hunny! Round up the kids! We get to play with guns today! Yeee-haww."

Ruki

-Queen of the Damned-
HSC
Best part of that article:
SMH said:
The club said on its website that the event, run in conjunction with COP Firearms and Training, was "all legal and fun".

impervious182

HSC
Agreed.

I think these parents should be charged with criminal negligence. It doesn't matter that the kid was under the supervision of a trained and certified instructor. Why was he there? Why was he allowed? And why the hell is there even a fair for machine guns in America? What is their purpose and how can live ammunition be justified?

nataliaa.cc

HSC
That's sad )=
*shakeshead* yet they still justify the right to have arms..

Ruki

-Queen of the Damned-
HSC
Yeah... Don't you think they'd get the point after countless massacres and killings? :/

Guess not!

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i am picturing this kid pulling the triger and some wicked recoil flicking the gun up and the following bullets lodging themselves in his skull.

Ruki

-Queen of the Damned-
HSC
Well yeah that's pretty much how it happened :p

HalcyonSky

HSC
looks like he forgot to turn on his anti-recoil script

Ruki

-Queen of the Damned-
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
looks like he forgot to turn on his anti-recoil script

HAHA! Probably thought he'd get banned :uhoh:

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
this is pretty sad. but at the same time, every time i hear a story like this i have to laugh a little. how bloody stupid can a whole country be that they think its ok for an 8 year old to fire a loaded gun let alone an uzi? wtf? and how do u not notice when an 8 year old is about to shoot himself in the head - i mean he wasnt shooting a handgun it was a bloody assault rifle. play with fire and you get burned. stupid country.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Ruki said:
Yeah... Don't you think they'd get the point after countless massacres and killings? :/

Guess not!
Gun control doesn't work.

Blaming guns is naive and stupid, The banned guns in Britain but knife crime skyrocketed.

A Gun is a tool no different to a screwdriver. It's like blaming youths for killing people with cars, Would you blame the car or the person behind the car?

Guns are a good self defence weapon.

mattchis

HSC
zstar said:
Gun control doesn't work.

Blaming guns is naive and stupid, The banned guns in Britain but knife crime skyrocketed.

A Gun is a tool no different to a screwdriver. It's like blaming youths for killing people with cars, Would you blame the car or the person behind the car?

Guns are a good self defence weapon.
what are you more likely to survive...a knife attack or a gun attack?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
mattchis said:
uh, neither?

guns are pretty effective killing tools. so are knives. i dont think it's a valid argument to say 'lolz but guns are more effective'. pretty sure a knife to your heart or anywhere in your abdomen is cause for concern :confused:

zstar

HSC
N/A
mattchis said:

knife attacks have killed just as many people and it's pretty silly to ban something just because "you're more likely to survive it" which is false in my view.

There's a story of an American town that did not have a single homicide in 30 years because every person had a firearm and criminals were afraid. Blaming firearms for crime is not based on fact because Finland which has one of the highest firearm ownership in the world has a very low crime rate.

I'm sure if you tally up the victims from knife crime you'll see that ultimately it looks just as worse as somebody who dies from a firearm. I've known several people who were attacked with knives and I can tell you it's even worse than being shot because a bullet is smaller and more blunt than being plunged by a large machete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)