Branded as "stupid" in law school? (1 Viewer)

Summer Rain

HSC
N/A
Re: Branded as "stupid" in law school??

Someone once said to me law students are "insecure over achievers". I thought that was funny.

Stop worrying about a UAI score, the HSC is over for you forever and start thinking about all the fun you are going to have at uni and guys you are going to meet :p

uni is a whole new world from a bitchy all girls high school.

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC

out of everyone i've met at law school, no one really acts snobby cos it's really just a stinking attitude people hate and it is totally uncool, so people avoid it. at the end of the day, people won't judge you according to ur marks and if they do then you should feel sorry for them.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

One of my best friends was on a full fee place because his ENTER (UAI) wasn't high enough. Since then, he has topped property law, contracts law and consistently gets good marks (as you would imagine coming from someone who tops contracts and property).

If you think people look down on your score, you have all the more reason to work harder to prove these people wrong.

is a roflcopter
HSC

in unsw

instead of judging you on uai, we judge you on which top tier firm you intern at

example:

frigid works at a magic circle firm, therefore he has BIG DICK+LOTS OF LADIES+PORSCHE 911 Turbo S

HI FRIGID THOUGHT I POP BY AND CYBAR WITH YOU

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A

sorry to disappoint you guys...

no graduate offer from the MC firm concerned - got rejected a few days before CNY :(

my last nite in HK too :(

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

O... you can still try other MC... at least it's better than experience at Malles.

msh

HSC

Summer Rain said:
Someone once said to me law students are "insecure over achievers". I thought that was funny.

Stop worrying about a UAI score, the HSC is over for you forever and start thinking about all the fun you are going to have at uni and guys you are going to meet :p

uni is a whole new world from a bitchy all girls high school.
but those bitchy girls move onto uni as well :rofl:

Summer Rain

HSC
N/A

msh said:
but those bitchy girls move onto uni as well :rofl:

Yes there will always be bitchy people but what I am saying is that uni is a different environment from a bitchy all girls school. You have the opportunity to meet different people, both boys and girls, and more scope in being able to choose your friends more freely in the sense that you are not stuck with the same group of girls that you were stuck with for 6 years. Do you know what I mean? At the end of the day, your not obliged to tell anyone anything, you just go to uni, do your own thing, talk to the people you want to talk to etc and go home.

Also, most people have matured by the time they go to uni. If someone is going to brand you as "stupid" because of your UAI then they seriously have psychological issues and need to seek help. I would just laugh in their face.

is a roflcopter
HSC

frigid: you didnt get on your knees and do the business right i bet or perhaps you sucked at karoke, oh well their loss.

its not like we're penultimate anyway rofl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)