• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

bras with halter dresses!? (2 Viewers)

Skeeta

HSC
haha i did the same thing, a few years ago i had no idea what was going on with bras and i had myself in a 12B

i went to get fitted and she said i was a 10D.. my eyes nearly popped out of my head!!

HSC
N/A
*chuckles*

Just remember girls - it only works one size up or down. A 10C does NOT equal a 6DD or a 4E, or even a 2F (let's not go into negative sizes here, girls!). Also remember that some brands have a more snug fit - eg elle Macpherson. Target's, on the other hand, always seem one or two band sizes larger in comparison!!!! (I'm also not a fan of Target bras, but for those who wear them and love them, more power to you :) )

That being said, I find 10C one of the hardest sizes to get. The 12B is normally always there. 10B's overflood the "shelves". But darn... 10C's sell out fast. Don't know why. Or at least, that's what I see. The one you want is *always* the one that's never there.

I vote that those of us who have never been professionally fitted should get ourselves fitted properly!!! *kicks self as a reminder*

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
I'd love to say im a 10d but i cant do 10 in bras anymore.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
by the way, my boobs are still shrinking, for anyone interested. :(:(:( down to a pitiful B...
I'm a B too... sigh:(

HSC
N/A
B's are good! B's are good!

Big enough to obviously have something, but not so big that bouncing isn't unmanageable!! Come on girls, being a B is great! (I seriously wouldn't mind being a B again, I was really happy as a B. Happy now, but equally happy as a B)

HSC
Skeeta said:
if you're a 10 B you would be an 8 C by the way, every back size you go down, you go up a cup size
I don't think that's how it works at all. The two measurements are entirely separate - the letter refers to the cup size, the number refers to the inches just below the breast.

If you buy a 8C or a 12C, the cup should support a breast of the same size, but the band would be substantially different (about 15cm) and vice versa.

I could be wrong, i guess some bras aren't made perfectly and some people wear bras far too small for their build. But i'm saying theoretically a 10B=/=8C.

But just to check out your theory, i will try on a 8D the next time i see a bra shop :p

HSC
N/A
As mentioned above, the whole 10C --> 12B thing has the same CUP size, but the band width will be different. A lot of 10C girls can get away with a 12B, so long as they have it on the tightest band width option. 12B's might even be able to go down to the 10C, and have it on a looser band width option.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i am very confused right now.

but no matter...
ima tell the world i am a C girl again...!

HSC
glitterfairy said:
As mentioned above, the whole 10C --> 12B thing has the same CUP size, but the band width will be different. A lot of 10C girls can get away with a 12B, so long as they have it on the tightest band width option. 12B's might even be able to go down to the 10C, and have it on a looser band width option.
That's pretty stupid, what happens when they're having a skinny day?

bex

HSC
an 8D?! i would be that in my very far off dreams! in that case.. im a 12 E

Last edited:

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Yeah I used to practically choke when I wore a 10C bra (because I'm supposed to be a 12B), although I've managed to find a few looser ones, so now, 10C for me :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
my sharona said:
girls have skinny days?

and why do some of you girls hate your boobs? thats just plain silly

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I got a new convertible bra yesterday, it was only like $18 or something from Best and Less, lol, so it will probably fall apart within a month, but it is apparently a '4 way convertible tshirt bra' which is for 'fuller figures', really comfy and freakishly supportive for a convertible bra (I've got it strapless atm, and it looks as if I'm wearing a normal bra)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
llamalope said:
cause they're too small. end of story.

nobody makes nice bras for women with small boobs.

i will just have to resort to plastic surgery...
but guys think boobs are nice :(

HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
Then you stick to your regular size?

Most people who go up or down a size do so because the "other" size is easier to get, or the only one they have access to (ie the proper size has been all sold out, and you REALLY need a new bra urgently)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
llamalope said:
cause they're too small. end of story.

nobody makes nice bras for women with small boobs.

i will just have to resort to plastic surgery...
Go shopping and try to find sexy non-grandma bras for bigger boobies, its almost impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)