Breakouts After Big (Alcoholic) Nights (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Uhhhmmm....

So 90% of the time, I have youthful acne-free skin thanks to a good diet, water, regular cleansing and moisturising etc.

But whenever I have a huge night (in moderation) which involves alcohol, or staying up stupidly late and what would be constant snacking or a result of a drunken craving of maccas/pizza etc, I will most definitely break out the morning after (and will take a week or so to disappear).

I was under the impression that acne took two months to develop? Why is my fucking skin so super sensitive to any junk that I consume?

I'm fairly positive it's my diet. I'm not sure how else to explain sporadic breakouts? Maybe hormonal? I'm taking the pill just so you know.

Anyway how can I fucking avoid that entirely? I'm just tempted to go to the doctor and go with hormonal treatment I keep hearing about, despite already being on the pill.

And nah cannot afford to go to a dermatologist, I don't have severe acne, I just can't go drinking or staying up late without paying for it.

I realise that the best option is going to the doctor, but when it's an occasional thing it just doesn't seem necessarily.

Thanks in advance.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I get a few spots after a night out, but it is usually because I fall asleep in my make-up :eek:
I'm pretty sure what you experience is just one of those things you just have to live with though..

MadamGuilia

HSC
Because it is an unhealthy habit. It lowers your immune system.. I can get it too.

You're/we're feeding toxins to our body and when we don't sleep well that just increases the effect.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Uhhhmmm....

So 90% of the time, I have youthful acne-free skin thanks to a good diet, water, regular cleansing and moisturising etc.

But whenever I have a huge night (in moderation) which involves alcohol, or staying up stupidly late and what would be constant snacking or a result of a drunken craving of maccas/pizza etc, I will most definitely break out the morning after (and will take a week or so to disappear).

I was under the impression that acne took two months to develop? Why is my fucking skin so super sensitive to any junk that I consume?

I'm fairly positive it's my diet. I'm not sure how else to explain sporadic breakouts? Maybe hormonal? I'm taking the pill just so you know.

Anyway how can I fucking avoid that entirely? I'm just tempted to go to the doctor and go with hormonal treatment I keep hearing about, despite already being on the pill.

And nah cannot afford to go to a dermatologist, I don't have severe acne, I just can't go drinking or staying up late without paying for it.

I realise that the best option is going to the doctor, but when it's an occasional thing it just doesn't seem necessarily.

Thanks in advance.
i go to a dermatologist in chatswood who bulk bills, her name's dr collins, and she's FUCKING AMAZING. get a referral.

i've been given treatments by doctors for moderate acne, ecsema, sebhorric dermatitis and KP (ultra sensitive skin) but none of them have worked.

less than a year at my dermatologist and all these things have cleared up.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i go to a dermatologist in chatswood who bulk bills, her name's dr collins, and she's FUCKING AMAZING. get a referral.

i've been given treatments by doctors for moderate acne, ecsema, sebhorric dermatitis and KP (ultra sensitive skin) but none of them have worked.

less than a year at my dermatologist and all these things have cleared up.
You got rid of your KP? :S

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
em_516 said:
You got rid of your KP? :S
er, no.

but its significantly reduced!

i use moogoo products designed to heal KP, www.moogoo.com.au it works for some of us and not others. if you're in sydney, there's a pharmacy on maroubra road that sells the line.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
easy.

i had this aswell.

right before you sleep/passout, run some vodka / alchoholic drink >30% alchohol over your face and gently wipe off with a tissue.

u wake up the next day with flawless skin

kthxbambi

HSC
uggh i always ALWAYS get pimples when i drink
it's horrible
usually it's just one big ugly one but still

but i found drinking water helps

Jess007

HSC
flakey skin would be easier to fixthen grosse pimples :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
The_highwayman said:
wouldnt that just dehydrate the skin?
so instead of acne it'd just be flaky?
actually most toners like clinique scruffing lotion are basically alcohol. it strips away oil, dirt and dead skin, but you have to moisturise afterwards.

so i think putting vodka on a cotton pad and wiping your face with it would clean all makeup and oil off.

toners suck in general though.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
EbonyTW said:
Like you said it's got to do with the whole hormonal imbalance that happens when you eat foods full of sugar (Maccas/pizza/alcohol) this causes an estrogen imbalance which in conjunction with the pill worsens and results in the acne. Generally going to a dermatologist is really only recommended when you have severe acne which sometimes develops into staff, which you obviously do not. ( so having a dermatologist for a mum I'd say there's definitely no point). Just drink more water and if you go to the doctor they will only prescribe you with an oral benzoyl peroxide which will help clear it up but before I go to that lengths just use an exfoliant followed by a topical solution which contains benzoyl peroxide which you should be able to find at your chemist or some clindatech but this requires a prescription.

PS: if you do use benzoyl your skin could become a bit puffy or inflamed but don't worry because this is your skin getting used to the active ingredients.

End of longest reply ever.
you were probably the most helpful, thanks. I've tried benzoyl ages ago when I was a tween and got a horrible rash. Don't give a shit whether that was adjusting or whatever, don't really want to go through that ordeal again!

Plus toners (alcohol or not) generally irritate my skin. Not sure why. No pouring my face with vodka anytime soon, thanks for that bizarre suggestion...

if anyone's at all interested, I decided to go on a different pill (yasmin), so hopefully I'm not youthfully clear one day, and yuck the next now. We'll see what happens after Saturday after what will be several hours of drinking.

I believe it's a combined pill which supresses acne in the first place. But generally, I'll try not to binge on junk. I'm that vain.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Hmm I need to get my pill script refilled in the next month. I break out every month and it sucks. I get a few enormous, painful pimples.

Maybe I should switch to Yasmin?

I enjoy the convenience of the pill, being able to skip periods whenever, but I'm not using it for anything else. Maybe I should just go off it...

Skeeta

HSC
scarybunny said:
Hmm I need to get my pill script refilled in the next month. I break out every month and it sucks. I get a few enormous, painful pimples.

Maybe I should switch to Yasmin?

I enjoy the convenience of the pill, being able to skip periods whenever, but I'm not using it for anything else. Maybe I should just go off it...
I had awful acne and was put on Diane. Now i'm smooth as a baby's butt

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Skeeta said:
when i had sever acne i took diane but i stopped after taking it for few days...i kept vomiting...not a nice experience...not everyone is like this though, i think that it just wasn't for me.

anyway my skin is pretty much trouble-free at the moment even when i don't remove my makeup (rarely, but i get lazy sometimes) and i think it's because i'm using estee lauder pore idealist range. it costs so much but it does help...a lot!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Skeeta said:
Yeh I'm on Brenda and it's cleared me up. I wasn't aware the pill made you get pimpley..I thought they all had pimple-removing qualities, just some more than others. Eh, I dunno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)