Breakouts After Big (Alcoholic) Nights (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The_highwayman said:
wouldnt that just dehydrate the skin?
so instead of acne it'd just be flaky?
It probably makes sense, though. If I recall, most anti-pimple creams and such are dehydrating and polar - so they include things like alocohol or hydrogen peroxide. Seems to 'starve' the pimples.

Me, I just drink craploads of water (about 2 litres) before I go to bed drunk. Best way to minimise hangovers/headaches, encourage good digestion (as well as kideny and liver health), and keep skin healthy.

Alcohol definitely increases oiliness of the skin the next day, which I guess explains a bit why it'll trigger a pimple or two.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I always plan to do that water thing but by the end of the night without fail I will just pull up a patch of whatever I'm crashing on and go to sleep, dehydrated, makeup on, and everything.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I only forget to drink water when I black out... which is probably the worst possible situation not to drink water in, but hey.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
My pill runs out in a few weeks and I'm not sure which to do-
a) quit it. I don't really need it and stopping it might cure my breakouts.
b) Get a new script for one of the pills that clears your skin

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I know longer get random breakouts after big alcoholic, fast food binge nights and I achieved this by switching the pill I take and instead taking yasmin.

Horay for controlling hormones!

IamSalvidor

HSC
N/A
Try Brevoxyl!!

The best thing I've ever used.
You can buy it over the counter from the chemist. Usually about $15, but it lasts for a while.
You can order some with less benzoyl peroxide if you're really sensitive to it. It did take me a while to get used to it (About 2 weeks to get over the dryness, a week for the redness) but it was definately worth it because now my skin is amazing.

That being said, I do still get the occassional flair up when I get my period. But I don't think there is anything that can be done to avoid that. (Actually I was on medication for a while, but I stopped because I didn't like the idea of being on antibiotics long term)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I know longer get random breakouts after big alcoholic, fast food binge nights and I achieved this by switching the pill I take and instead taking yasmin.

Horay for controlling hormones!
yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)