Bring two calculators into the exam?? (1 Viewer)

speersy

HSC
N/A
what if something very bad happens like your pen(s) or calculator(s) fail is there any chance of getting a spare one from the examiners. Or is there strict rules that they can't transfer any object to a student?

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by speersy
every something very bad happens like your pen(s) or calculator(s) fail is there any chance of getting a spare one from the examiners. Or is there strict rules that they can't transfer any object to a student?
in the hsc if you bring in a calculator and it fails during the exam you can ask one of the supervisors to lend you one, but if you didn't bring in one from the start, they will not help you

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by bluesky100
I see no probs w/it. I took in 2 calculators + a handful of batteries.

handful of batteries?! did u bring a screwdriver set too? :rofl:
hahaha, but I should'nt speak cos when it comes to HSC time, I will probably be just as paranoid :(

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by bluesky100
I see no probs w/it. I took in 2 calculators + a handful of batteries.
lol.....it takes me ages just unscrew the back cover, and then screw it back on again. maybe 3 calculators?? lol

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by speersy
what if something very bad happens like your pen(s) or calculator(s) fail is there any chance of getting a spare one from the examiners. Or is there strict rules that they can't transfer any object to a student?
are all of your pens seriously going to "fail"?? :confused:
u can bring in a whole box to be safe i guess.
do the supervisors actually bring a whole box of spare pens and calculators in case a few peoples' run out etc?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
they bring a box of pens i think but i doubt they will be bringing tonnes of spare calculators

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
it doesn't matter what other people think.its your mark not theirs.if u have 2 calculators then def bring them both.in the half yealy exams i took 3 pens..2 ran out..bring on the pens

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Was this really worth reviving?

Actually, yes, since I'm now bringing two calculators into every maths exam. Er. Thanks.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
i just change the batteries.
but if you have 2 then you might as well take them both in

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I just changed the battery of mine today but Im bringing two anyway :eek:

allstarr69

pcx_demolition017 said:
I remember last year in a Maths exam, my calculator stuffed up (luckily I hit it and the display came back), and ever since then I've used a new calculator.

But I was just wondering. Do you think it's worthwhile bringing two calculators into the exam (especially the HSC exam) - better to be safe than sorry??
I never have before, because obviously I look like an idiot and you look suspicious to teachers with two calculators.
my calculator does the exact same thing all the time... display goes dead and you have to hit it to get it back on. It actually happened during my chemistry exam lol and i had to hit it three times to get it back on.

any ideas what causes it? its a fx 100 au and btw its not the batteries coz i replaced them

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im bringing three, the screen of my main one fades sometimes and needs a good banging, the second one is new but i dont prefer it, the third one is old but just back up and i sdont expect to use it

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i've got the same one since yr 7, it'd suck if the batteries went, but the centre has a few spare, so i'd get lucky... hopefully

mishka

HSC
N/A
i'm changing the batteries in mine tomorrow!! don't worry... the head supervisor for our exams brings along a "tool kit" - spare pens, spare calculators and (just in case all the calculators get borrowed) a screwdriver and batteries. i just happened to ask what would happen if our calculators conked it in the exam the other day and was shown the "stash" of extra supplies!! i'm sure there's other supervisors who come just as prepared!! :) good luck everyone and bless our calculators!! :p

TripleJ

HSC
I forgot my calculator in an atomic physics test (not an exam).

That was an interesting test to say the least!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)