British girl (yes, girl) to have a baby (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

"A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.
The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.

How can we best tackle this problem? Tell us in reader comments below

The youngster, who lives near Edinburgh, says looking after her younger brothers has prepared her for motherhood.

But the girl admits she "panics and cries" when babies are unwell and does not feel able to bathe them.

The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August.

'Excited'

She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

"I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram. I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.

"It's good to know I'll have my mum here to help me if I need her."

Concerned she might be pregnant, the girl visited a GP three times but tests proved negative. She learned the truth after buying a home-testing kit from a supermarket.

After the device displayed two blue lines, indicating she was pregnant, she pleaded with a female relative to break the news to her mother. The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.

"I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.

"I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she'd just had my wee brother. We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room and running away to a friend's.

"It was really hard but it's brought me and my mum closer, which is good. I knew my mum would stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was going to keep the baby.

"The social worker suggested I got rid of it but I'd never do that."

Smoking at nine

The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child.

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."

The girl, whose parents split up several years ago, said she would like a baby boy - and may call him Leo.

She is currently being educated at a local community centre but knows she must return to school.

She told the Sun: "My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school. I don't know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."

'Proud of my daughter'

Her mum said: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping the baby.

"I know she's worried what other people will say but she can walk out there with her head held high.

"At first I wasn't too happy about becoming a gran. But now I'm used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to having another baby in the house."

The Scottish Conservatives has called for society and families to unite to change attitudes towards sex following the news. "

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Re: wadda slut

can i get a link?

i wanna send it to my mum.

davin

HSC
N/A

that the mother of this girl is proud really explains why this girl was out getting drunk and having sex at that age, i'd think

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC

that article is quite disturbing... :O

*slaps the preteen pregnant one*

i wonder if the mum will still be proud of her daughter when she's a mother of 9 at the age of 18 living in a janitor's closet with 15 year old boys hooked up against one wall, cigarettes stacked up against the other and a bottle of vodka in each babies hands.

gerhard

HSC

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."
I was going to rip in to this girl for being an idiot but then i realised this is an 11 year old. fucking hell.

Justin

HSC

I'm sure in the 17th, 18th or 19th century there would have been a girl of the same age or younger who was pregnant in Great Britain.

(Re: the slums you see depicted in Oliver Twist).

Lundy

Banned
HSC

Justin said:
I'm sure in the 17th, 18th or 19th century there would have been a girl of the same age or younger who was pregnant in Great Britain.

(Re: the slums you see depicted in Oliver Twist).
Historically speaking it was the upper classes who most often married and got preggers at a younger age. The lower classes usually married later when they could support themselves. Example, Margaret Beaufort was 13 when she gave birth to the future Henry VII. :)

And Coss, she had the chance to abort the damn thing but she chose not to. She's probably just the result of a poor upbringing.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

she doesnt find that smoking affects her pregnancy?

... she hasnt had the baby yet. maybe she's trying to make it smaller so it will be easier for her to have (doesnt smoking while preggers reduce birth weight?).

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC

And she knows this how?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC

.... nah she should try drinking more.. that will make the baby smaller.. and less cognitively inclined too... like the mother =)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

the father got charged with rape, haha

i would love to see how they are going to proseccute him, considering he is a minor and they both had consenual sex... if he gets convicted he should counter charger the girl for statutory rape, seen as he is a minor and all.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Evening Times page said:
But social workers may decide to take the girl into care after shocking photos were published showing the now 12-year-old smoking a cigarette and her mother, 34, smoking heroin.
hehe let the social workers tell her that she can't have the baby for being stupid.

a "smoking heroin"?

Same place^^ said:
A 15-year old boy has been charged with rape as the girl is considered by law too young to have given her consent.
Yeh but then wouldn't the girl also be considered too young to give consent?

Like both of them will go to rehab lol.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Rather disturbing article.

AntiHyper said:
a "smoking heroin"?
Heroin can be lit and smoked.

AntiHyper said:
Yeh but then wouldn't the girl also be considered too young to give consent?
Depends on the law really. There might not be a clause on minimal age for males. Even so, if the girl is underaged she generally will not be charged. I would suspect if she hasn't got pregnant, the boy would just get a slap on the wrist.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
I actually feel really sorry for the baby. After all that smoke and alcohol and whatever drugs the girl might be taking, I wonder what the baby would look like :p

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
shes 12...i cant believe it...shes barely outta primary skool...or barely in high school...shes like a yr older then my cousin...and if my cousin got pregger...thats the end for her...

but i cant believe a 12y.o got pregnant...stupid stupid stupid stupid times infinity...its disgusting...and on top of that she still smoking...i watched a movie based on a true story about a boy whos mum smoked while preggers with him...and he had a severe mental problem...that wat this girls kid is gonna end up like...and i cant believe her mum is proud of her...kah!...some pplz

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
:( :( that's really sad and disturbing, that kid (yes, KID) is almost the same age as my little sister, and if she got preggers her life would be over....imagine how hard it must be on an even younger child. Her mother ought to be locked up and re-educated if she's proud of having an eleven year old that smokes, drinks and has sex on a regular basis. poor girl. and poor baby, too - even an eleven year old ought to know that smoking when pregnant will fuck up the child. wonder how it'll all end...

lala2

Banned
HSC
That's disgusting. 11 year olds having sex, drugs, and smoking? Geez....and the mum should be shot for it. I don't blame the girl for turning out the way she does--it's more her environment than anything. What f---ed up people there are in this world though! And not to mention what the baby's gonna end up like.

lol though, how they're gonna prosecute the 15 year old boy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)