BRW Top 100 Accounting Firms List (2006) (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Are these taken from brw website? They switched to some new login and I haven't bothered to figure out how to use it... tried to go to brw today but it wasn't updated yet.

Bought the magazine though :)

Thanks again for link.

EDIT: All good. Btw just realised EY's budgeted revenue actually went down.. hmm.

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
stupid fairfax they locked out their content on everything so noone can get freebies anymore

especially bad for cheapskates like me

no more brw back issues ( was available b4 for subscribers only), no CFO mag, no backdoor access of AFR articles through a Google Cached version etc. :mad1:

:burn: @ fairfax

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Tee hee, that'll cause some angst at EY.

turtleface

HSC
disappointing EY.....disappointing......wheres your commitment...

:)

Archimedes

HSC
Hi,

Does anyone know anything much about the criteria for this list? I was able to get a copy of the list on the net, and I noticed that one firm I know of wasn't listed. However, the firm has a lot more staff than some of the firms down the bottom end of the list. So it seems a bit strange that they wouldn't be generating the fees necessary to get a spot. Also, afaik the firm isn't owned by anyone else.

Just seems a bit strange.....

turtleface

HSC
Hmm sounds strange.

Is it part of the WHK group or another accounting company/consolidator? That could be the reason.

Maybe it just has really low revenue per staff member. Some tax practices like H&R Block have fairly low revenues given their staff level so that could be another factor.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Archimedes said:
Hi,

Does anyone know anything much about the criteria for this list? I was able to get a copy of the list on the net, and I noticed that one firm I know of wasn't listed. However, the firm has a lot more staff than some of the firms down the bottom end of the list. So it seems a bit strange that they wouldn't be generating the fees necessary to get a spot. Also, afaik the firm isn't owned by anyone else.

Just seems a bit strange.....
Assuming that the budgeted fees/revenue is high enough to be on the list (as it's sorted purely by budgeted fees $m), then either it's been consolidated in another entry (some "networks" use different names for the offices around the country perhaps?), or they chose not to submit information to BRW. Remember that this survey/ranking is based on voluntary submission of revenue and other statistics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)