Buddyhead's best and worst records of 2009 (1 Viewer)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Buddyhead’s Best and Worst Records Of 2009 | BUDDYHEAD

The list is back after 3 years missed.
As usual it's completely elitist and wankerish, but also interesting/hilarious in parts.
I'm mainly just glad they ripped on Animal Collective. Fuck I'm sick of every self-important cuntbag in a cardigan losing their shit over these jerks

Thoughts?

edit:
Animal Collective – “Merriweather Post Pavilion”

Lazy music journalists tried to act like these nerds armed with bongos and delay pedals were the second coming of The Beatles or some shit. Everyone from Mojo to Rolling Stone to Pitchdork seemed to have these fruitcakes somewhere in their top five records for 2009. These dudes couldn’t write a song if their lives depended on it, they are to songwriting what “Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel” is to cinema.

Last edited:

Arctopus

HSC
Animal collective a fucking geniuses, man.

No wait, just read a couple of the reviews and they're awesome.

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
Animal Collective are fucking shit live. hey arctopussy, feelings all under control.

philphie

Banned
HSC
what the fuck with guns and roses? wait noticed it was in worst

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Muse – “The Resistance” The world’s lamest Radiohead cover band apparently bought a Rage Against the Machine record and made a concept record telling people to “Resist the Man”. We urge you to “resist” this record. Way to self-nuke dorks.
So true

philphie

Banned
HSC
lol chris please don't cause another stirr amongst the oasis haters

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
FFS. I just wrote an epic post responding to yours chris, then my browser crashed (fb chat can die up the arse).

Short summary:
I don't think they're shit, I just don't think they're "the best rock n' roll band in the world" by a long shot.

They're not my cup of tea anyway.

occer

HSC
N/A
FFS. I just wrote an epic post responding to yours chris, then my browser crashed (fb chat can die up the arse).

Short summary:
I don't think they're shit, I just don't think they're "the best rock n' roll band in the world" by a long shot.

They're not my cup of tea anyway.
Agreed.

I enjoyed the douchiness of this review, all my favourite bands got trashed.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
got bored after realising that most of the bad reviews didn't actually say anything about the music.

brb reading pitchfork :hat:

badquinton304

HSC
I would have enjoyed reading the epic post. If it was an epic apology outlining the awesomeness of Oasis then we'd be really talking.

Before year 12 destroyed my psyche and rendered me a complete robot, I loved debating this issue. My contention was that Oasis were the best band in the world. They probably aren't, but I'd still argue it because I love them so much. I'm a complete and utter fan boy. Shameful stuff really.

As long as you don't proclaim that Radiohead are the best band in the world then your absence of love for Oasis isn't a problem.
I know for some reason coming up with ideas and being original was easier before year 12.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i don't see why people have to change just to facilitate year 12

philphie

Banned
HSC
i pretty much stayed the same before, during and after. didn't really sacrifice anything

occer

HSC
N/A
I don't really see the jerky side of those who aren't Thom. Jonny Greenwood seems relatively cool.

philphie

Banned
HSC
yeah GReenwood bros are cool. i hear jonny is scared shitless of singing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)