Business Studies HSC (1 Viewer)

dela_

HSC
N/A
What are you guys doing for case studies?

supre

HSC
I think I am prepared...
I hate the legal overview in Employment relations

Lets test each other..
I will start.
outline 2 product strategies?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I am prepared...
I hate the legal overview in Employment relations

Lets test each other..
I will start.
outline 2 product strategies?
-Branding use of symbols, names, logos, images to identify a business's products and to differentiate itself from its competitors products.

-Positioning, image or how consumers perceive the product.

supre

HSC
-Branding use of symbols, names, logos, images to identify a business's products and to differentiate itself from its competitors products.

-Positioning, image or how consumers perceive the product.
cool
u should add a question now..

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Changing work patterns and population shifts..
Q: Outline the legal influences on ER.
-Federal legislations

Workplace relations act 1996- encourages employees to negotiate directly with employees and enter formal agreements (Enterprise bargaining).

EEO act for women 1999, Disability discrimination act 1992, Sex discrimination act 1984.

-State legislations

Industrial relations act 1996.
OHS 2000

Workers compensation 1926.

jackl25

HSC
One last question before bed won't hurt :)

Legislation must be adhered to in regards to racial, sex and disability discriminations, as well as for providing safe working environments (OH&S).
More importantly, legal influences reflect a shift in the way that employment contracts are negotiated (the move from a centralised system of 'awards' to that of 'decentralised' enterprise bargaining)

I hate this dot point. It really does suck when this sort of thing comes up in Section IV and you need to relate to a global business *smh*.

NubMuncher

HSC
-Federal legislations

Workplace relations act 1996- encourages employees to negotiate directly with employees and enter formal agreements (Enterprise bargaining).

EEO act for women 1999, Disability discrimination act 1992, Sex discrimination act 1984.

-State legislations

Industrial relations act 1996.
OHS 2000

Workers compensation 1926.
You should probably talk about Fair Work Act 2009 if a question comes up on legal influences on ER

iallan

HSC
N/A
Yes, What he said ^. FWA replaced industrial relations.

jniranjan

HSC
I'm feeling confident for short answers and multiple choice. Not so confident for the 2 last questions. I always forget what the syllabus points are, and i miss a few things.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, What he said ^. FWA replaced industrial relations.
FWA is the new industrail relations system under rudd

-NES safety net replacing AFPC

-Two new organisations (Fair work australia and Fair work ombudsman replacing AIRC, AFPC, Workplace authority)

-More emphasis on protection work place for discrimination and unfair dismissal

-New modern awards system for specific industries and occupations. (Supperannuation, overtime, penalty results, dispute settlements and allowances and etc).

is this all i need to know>>

bouncingfire

HSC
FWA is the new industrail relations system under rudd
I'm wondering since AWAs are no longer applicable. What happens if the question asks for a suitable employment contract type which is regarding a position which is not unionised or an award is not available. Since AWAs, awards and enterprise agreements are out of the question; what type of employment contract would we refer to?

dela_

HSC
N/A
I'm wondering since AWAs are no longer applicable. What happens if the question asks for a suitable employment contract type which is regarding a position which is not unionised or an award is not available. Since AWAs, awards and enterprise agreements are out of the question; what type of employment contract would we refer to?
collective and individual?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)