Business studies is killing me right now :̣̣( What should i do? (1 Viewer)

WillieHoang

HSC
N/A
i'm totally fucked up right now, i got about a week to study for BS and still got 3 section left ( just finish Operation ) i estimate my hsc mark for BS will be around 50. How will the mark contribute to my atar? i'm doing math 2 unit, physics , ELS, economic along with BS , i'm considering to study the other subjects and get higher mark to scale up my BS, is that a possible way to do?

astroman

HSC
what do u mean got a week to study for business, it's on the 28th.

Last edited:

WillieHoang

HSC
N/A
what do u mean got a week to study for business, it's on the 28th.
that's the amount of time i'm planning to study for BS, there are 9 days left till the hsc and i got to spend like 2 days on ELS
hey astroman dont u mind helping me out, i know u can give me some good advise, i would like to talk to you in private here is my fb https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010165875472 add me and we can have some conversation, thanks

Flop21

HSC
Don't worry, just do a topic a day or 0.5 topic a day.

crowley926

HSC
Hmmmm
1 week is plenty of time if you buckle down and actually work every minute
With business it's very important to know your content well so I suggest investing this time into actually going through every syllabus dot point and making notes/learning the information

This sounds like a lot of work since you still have 3 topics to go but I promise 1 week of hard work will suffice. I once went through and finished making notes on 1 topic in like less than 24 hours (but I sat at my desk making notes the whole time and rarely procrastinated).

good luck!

mrpotatoed

HSC
I got 11/20 for the case study in last years HSC cause I misinterpreted the question, if that helps you feel better lol. I don't think you can top a fail worse than that

WillieHoang

HSC
N/A
I got 11/20 for the case study in last years HSC cause I misinterpreted the question, if that helps you feel better lol. I don't think you can top a fail worse than that
I got my Apple case study but i have no clue what to memorize and how to apply in the exam, our teacher didnt teach us how to apply the case study to the exam at all

mrpotatoed

HSC
Only thing you need to outright memorise is facts and figures (EG: apple's profit). To use case studies, an example would be (I haven't done business for a year so will be a bit rusty) for marketing. When talking about how price is used to create an image for a product, you could use apple as a case study of price points. (I think that's what it is called). Eg: The apple iPhone 5S costs more than the iPhone 5C, to emphasise how the 5S has superior qualities. By setting the price of different models in increments, the buyer is motivated to pay extra for the upgrade. The increase price also conveys an increase in quality and compared to competitors (Samsung?), consumers see the iphone as being more prestigious and exclusive due to price. I'm not even sure if the iPhone costs more so that would be something you would research.

Obviously it would have to be a lot more thorough and well thought out than that, but as you can see, you don't really need to 'memorise' that much per say, as I think most would know about the differences between the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C without trying. I chose the 5C / 5S because I have an iPhone 5C so I have a bit of knowledge without any research. In the same way you could talk about how Ferrari's price conveys an image of prestige and exclusiveness, which is compounded by the fact that they use an 'exclusive' distribution network, as I think there are only ~5 Ferrari stores in all of Australia. Again, don't need to really do that much research or preparation to know that.

A lot of case study material can just be covered with 'common sense' (as can most the course) like that. So if you are stuck during the exam, don't panic.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Also, there is really no 'case study' question. The are 2 extended responses, section 3 is a business report, section 4 is a free response (however it is encouraged you use a business report format because it's easier) which you have to SUPPORT with case studies.

So section 3 is the response you will need to support your answer with case studies.

Here is a good thread:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...siness-studies-past-papers-advice-thread.html

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
i'm totally fucked up right now, i got about a week to study for BS and still got 3 section left ( just finish Operation ) i estimate my hsc mark for BS will be around 50. How will the mark contribute to my atar? i'm doing math 2 unit, physics , ELS, economic along with BS , i'm considering to study the other subjects and get higher mark to scale up my BS, is that a possible way to do?
By study, you do mean revise right? Because at this point within the HSC, you should be quite familiar with the concepts and ideas tackled after a year of studying Business Studies... You should not be aiming to learn new content, but rather focusing on brushing up, refining your knowledge and applying them to practical situations (e.g. practise tests and the like).

I'm only half-way through Operations... and I still need to revise the other three modules along with my case study(ies)... but I have 8 days to do that (after maths hehe) So, my tip for you is to settle down and make an earnest attempt at trying to revise as much of the business syllabus as you can. I mean, better to lose marks for 1/4 rather than 3/4.

Don't lose hope, you're in the home stretch. :) Visualise yourself succeeding, and as the saying goes, "Believe in yourself, and you're half-way there!" Good luck! If you're desperate, you can buy and/or download notes here from BoS. I bought some from this guy, and his notes and case study were so good I did well for my Trials. L:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)