Business Studies or Economics? (1 Viewer)

emma5795

HSC
I'm in year 10 and can't choose between the two. Which one is easier to get a band 6 in, will get you a better mark? I would like to do economics but I don't think i can get the band 6 where as business i might have a chance. Any opinions to people who have done their hsc or is doing the course (s) now?

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Business scales like shit. Do eco.
Source : I do eco and a friend of mine who got 92 in biz hsc (accelerant) in year 11 was really disappointed.

tambam

HSC
Business scales like shit. Do eco.
Source : I do eco and a friend of mine who got 92 in biz hsc (accelerant) in year 11 was really disappointed.
But business is easier to get a band 6 in because its so easy.

enoilgam

HSC
In business, its probably easier to get a band 6, but economics scales way better. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say a 90 in business would scale equal to an 87 in economics.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on what you like, what your atar aim is, and how much effort you're willing to put in.
I think in terms of scaling, an 85 in eco is better than a 90 in biz, cos biz is so frking easy.
Edit : 87 eco = 90 biz.

Last edited:

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on what you like, what your atar aim is, and how much effort you're willing to put in.
I think in terms of scaling, an 85 in eco is better than a 90 in biz, cos biz is so frking easy.
Edit : 87 eco = 90 biz.
I do business and eco and both are good subjects BUT what you said is so correct.. business is inferior compared to eco..

I'd say in terms of difficulty a 75-80 in eco is like 90 in business im not too sure about scaling, business is just memory/syllabus+concentrate well in the exam+ be a strong writer. eco is so much complex and diverse =.=

but seriousily doing both is such an advantage....

the topics are so similar like globalisation, employment relations, finance and etc :)

Bobbo1

HSC
Eco is more logical, like there's a bit of calculations, lots of diagrams, graphs and interpretation of all that sort of stuff
But from what I've heard business studies is more like a history where in you have to do more rote learning, memorising etc.

So if you are more logical (u like science, maths etc) than do eco or if u are more into your histories and english do business

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Eco is more logical, like there's a bit of calculations, lots of diagrams, graphs and interpretation of all that sort of stuff
But from what I've heard business studies is more like a history where in you have to do more rote learning, memorising etc.

So if you are more logical (u like science, maths etc) than do eco or if u are more into your histories and english do business
Economics is boss.

I do Business, legal and economics and personally.

Economics: Is boss, but has alot to interprete as you relate things to one another
Business: Very simple and very content base, however there is alot to remember.

Tennisaddict

HSC
I do economics, business and legal.

if you do the consumer option for legal, there is alot of cross over material, makes each subject easier.

Personally, economics is my favourite. but it is very difficult, i would only choose it if your school has good teachers able to communicate the concepts well, as it really needs it. Business is really good if your doing eco, because it seems 10 million times easier and it is also pretty easy, but make sure you put the work in to do well, other wise it will kill your atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)