Business Studies? (1 Viewer)

dogdogdog

HSC
Hi, I am thinkin about doing business studies by corespondence (distance).

Would this be too hard?

Thanks

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Business studies is a relatively easy subject to do.

That being said, zangetsu.xo is partially right. The work is boring, tedious and can be very hard to do if your aren't self-motivated. Although there are still quite a few people who do genuinely enjoy business studies and find that it's a very easy subject.

Machie Man

in yr erotic fantasies, y hello thur big boii
HSC
N/A
Business is sex. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't do it, or doesn't appreciate the advantages of doing a subject that is relatively easy AND has a minimal workload.

however, correspondance is pretty shit, so it's probably not worth it. move to a better area, stat.

Machie Man

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Minimal? Are you kidding me?
um, no? we've had one assessment all year, and that was this week. a few weeks ago we went to starbucks and next week we're going to some pizza joint. in class all we do is watch the apprentice and make notes from it. it's the best subject ever :santa:

EDIT: wait. you don't even DO business. you really have no foot to stand on.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Of the subjects I do, I'd say that Business would be easiest to do by correspondence. I guess it's up to how motivated you are I suppose. I find Business fairly interesting and not too difficult, so I'd recommend it, but it's up to you in the end.

cs01001

HSC
Machie Man said:
um, no? we've had one assessment all year, and that was this week. a few weeks ago we went to starbucks and next week we're going to some pizza joint. in class all we do is watch the apprentice and make notes from it. it's the best subject ever :santa:

Idk, but my friends tell me they have this major major Business research task where they have to go out and interview a real business. On top of that, you need to know the syllabus practically inside out as there are just heaps of little points and business terms you gotta learn.

Machie Man

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Idk, but my friends tell me they have this major major Business research task where they have to go out and interview a real business. On top of that, you need to know the syllabus practically inside out as there are just heaps of little points and business terms you gotta learn.
Yeah, we had to do that too. it was the ONLY assessment given to us this year (excluding half-yearly) and really, it wasn't even that big a deal, except if you left it til the last minute like I did. as for your second point, um, yeah, just like every single other subject offered in the HSC? I don't see where you're going with that one.

so yeah, as someone who actually DOES business, take it from me: little work, easy work, easy marks. Great subject.

cs01001

HSC
Ahhh, alright then...

Still think Eco is better, lol

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Oh just thought I'd add this, the assessment in Year 11 is a bigger pain than in Year 12. The Year 11 one where you interview a business or make up your own doesn't happen again in Year 12 (at least it didn't for me), so it's just a matter of knowing the content.

When we did our businesses we couldn't even use half the stuff we'd done because we had to follow all Singapore's laws instead of Australia's, so if we can do that then it shouldn't be too hard to take a look at the laws in the textbook. Plus in the long run it doesn't really matter, it's just trying to get you to understand the content better.

bmwz4

HSC
Machie Man said:

its a little challenging with lots of topics and those who say its easy are probably failing it or not doing any work

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
bmwz4 said:
its a little challenging with lots of topics and those who say its easy are probably failing it or not doing any work
Um, no, try again. If I find it easy it doesn't mean I'm failing, it means I'm better than you.

HSC
depends on the person i guess....

i do business n i dont like it at all.. im not in to social sciences full stop and the textbook work is really dull for me, although the subject itself is easy... ive passed and gotten A's for my assessments/ reports all yr without really putting in any extra effort... not to say that anyone should do this... but for me business isnt something i like so im dropping it next yr...

again it really depends on the person

minminmin

HSC
dear god DO NOT DO BUSINESS STUDIES!!!! so much crap to learn it makes my head feel like it is gonna explode :burn:
there are advantages though to doing it if you like that kind of businessy stuff and you do actually do worthwhile stuff but it is SO BORING!!!
trust me it really does suck.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
minminmin said:
dear god DO NOT DO BUSINESS STUDIES!!!! so much crap to learn it makes my head feel like it is gonna explode :burn:
there are advantages though to doing it if you like that kind of businessy stuff and you do actually do worthwhile stuff but it is SO BORING!!!
trust me it really does suck.
like ipt.

meixia

5 cents short of a 97
HSC
Business studies Preliminary is pretty shit & mundane. Even when you have your friends in your class etc, its really really really shit.

Hence why I dropped it. It's not challenging at all, so you might have trouble doing it by yourself.

I heard year 12 Business was more interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)