BUSINESS STUDIES (1 Viewer)

s9a

HSC
oh damn really?
as long as the hypothetical one is good?
Because I am not sure for real studies ud have to memorise statistics which would be annoying
ye but it has to be realistic, in my trial i put there was a recession last yr n i got marked down even tho lowkey it was believable
js be smart ab it

year10studentpreparin

HSC
ye but it has to be realistic, in my trial i put there was a recession last yr n i got marked down even tho lowkey it was believable
js be smart ab it
damn thanks good to know ill use it as a last resort I guess

Reactions: s9a

year10studentpreparin

HSC
yep, hypothetical businesses are fine, all the markers want to see is that you're able to apply business terminology/ideas to real-world scenarios

if you are doing real businesses, you can make up the statistics also, here's a totally fake one I thought of rn: through it's introduction of the "MaccasReward" program in 2015, MacDonald's has been able to both retain and expand its customer base by incentivising customers with a point-based system that enables them to claim rewards such as __________, __________, __________ , leading to an significant increase in market share by 5.2% in a six month period from 2014-2015.
damn thats really good to know and great example thanks

stormii

HSC
hey guys...

do you guys know what the specific strategic role of each function is? like just in case they ask for it?

for operations its cost leadership and goods/service differentiation but what about others? is it all just profit maximisation the overarching one? also is finance just a long-term strategic role like maxmising profits in the long run?

also any tips for prepping for report writing? like what structures are best?

guys also if the report asks us on Hr processes, do we talk about them like they were strategies?

Last edited:

ghreysantomy

HSC
hey guys...

do you guys know what the specific strategic role of each function is? like just in case they ask for it?

for operations its cost leadership and goods/service differentiation but what about others? is it all just profit maximisation the overarching one? also is finance just a long-term strategic role like maxmising profits in the long run?

also any tips for prepping for report writing? like what structures are best?

guys also if the report asks us on Hr processes, do we talk about them like they were strategies?
Strategic Role of each Key Business Function:
- OPERATIONS: Cost Leadership (cheapest methods of production), Good/Service Differentiation (offer unique products).
- MARKETING: Increase Sales (revenue), Grow Market Share (percentage of customers), Improve Brand Awareness.
- FINANCE: Achieve Objectives (profitability, efficiency, liquidity, solvency, growth), Balance Short-term and Long-term Goals.
- HUMAN RESOURCES: Meet the needs of employees, Acquire high quality staff (outsourcing), Improve Effectiveness Indicators.

Hope this helps :)

stormii

HSC
- OPERATIONS: Cost Leadership (cheapest methods of production), Good/Service Differentiation (offer unique products).
- MARKETING: Increase Sales (revenue), Grow Market Share (percentage of customers), Improve Brand Awareness.
- FINANCE: Achieve Objectives (profitability, efficiency, liquidity, solvency, growth), Balance Short-term and Long-term Goals.
- HUMAN RESOURCES: Meet the needs of employees, Acquire high quality staff (outsourcing), Improve Effectiveness Indicators.

thank you so much!!!!

year10studentpreparin

HSC

tahts rlly good

SASH_06_X

HSC
in the short answer, do we need to include case studies in all the qs, or is ok to incorporate it into just the longer mark ones??? idk abt this someone help

qldbulls

HSC
in the short answer, do we need to include case studies in all the qs, or is ok to incorporate it into just the longer mark ones??? idk abt this someone help
Whaa I thought all you needed to do was respond to any stimulus surely no case studies required for SA look at sample answers??

SASH_06_X

HSC
Whaa I thought all you needed to do was respond to any stimulus surely no case studies required for SA look at sample answers??
they don't always ask stimulus based qs and case studies back up your point so it might be the thing to bring your response to b6 range(or so my teacher said)

Zara_m21

HSC
In all the questions TF noooo why would u do that, normally in the sa questions they tell u to use a business example if they want u to include one, but definitley dont add case studies in all the sa qs.

SASH_06_X

HSC
In all the questions TF noooo why would u do that, normally in the sa questions they tell u to use a business example if they want u to include one, but definitley dont add case studies in all the sa qs.
yh but some peeps in my class do case studies for some SA qs so yh i was confused

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)