Buying HSC Raw marks... Why is BOSTES taking so long? (1 Viewer)

IceKool15

HSC
Hey,

So I purchased raw marks for one of my subjects. Approximately when they should be arriving? Because BOSTES didn't notify me when they're going to be emailing me the PDFs with the raw marks.

Thanks.

iStudent

HSC
Few weeks (definitely took a while). That was when I got them anyway

Ekman

HSC
Is it possible for your hsc marks to change when you buy your hsc papers back?

AAAAB

HSC
N/A
Is it possible for your hsc marks to change when you buy your hsc papers back?
Yes definitely particularly because now BOSTES forces you to pay for a clerical check when you order your raw marks. This means they check to see all the marks were added correctly and no questions were missed (it's not a remark). If they find an error, then your mark will go up (and therefore your ATAR).

AAAAB

HSC
N/A
As for the waiting time, I ordered my raw marks last year for 2 unit maths and they came 2 days after. I'd expect them to come by Monday or Tuesday at the latest if you ordered them yesterday.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes definitely particularly because now BOSTES forces you to pay for a clerical check when you order your raw marks. This means they check to see all the marks were added correctly and no questions were missed (it's not a remark). If they find an error, then your mark will go up (and therefore your ATAR).
or down

AAAAB

HSC
N/A
As Rafy mentioned, it never goes down. My teacher used to do clerical checks for biology and found a couple of students actually received a higher examination mark than scored in the paper. He said he couldn't change it.

Ekman

HSC
You cannot lose marks only gain them.
Seriously? Because my parents dont want me to buy my paper back because they are afraid that i might lose marks.

If that isnt the case then it should be all fine to buy my paper back if there is no risk of losing marks

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes seriously. There is no risk of losing marks.

maddie2713

HSC
it says on the website a max of twenty working days so could be a while...

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
One of the reasons for the length of time is that they have to manually collect your papers and check that every section that was attempted was actually marked. Adding up all the recorded marks is only part of the exercise. That can be done via computer but going through each section of each paper and ensuring that something hasn't been overlooked is the time consuming part.

leehuan

HSC
One of the reasons for the length of time is that they have to manually collect your papers and check that every section that was attempted was actually marked. Adding up all the recorded marks is only part of the exercise. That can be done via computer but going through each section of each paper and ensuring that something hasn't been overlooked is the time consuming part.
EXACTLY this
----------
But we can leave this thread alone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)