CA Achiever Work Experience Program. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I just submitted my application. It probably wasn't the best but it got the nod of approval from my dad, so I'm happy:).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
This the CA Achiever program for first year students only right? I wish I could have applied for this before, however I wasn't doing Business in my first year. I'm trying to apply for the CA Vacation Programs though!

Dave85

HSC
jasee said:
This the CA Achiever program for first year students only right? I wish I could have applied for this before, however I wasn't doing Business in my first year. I'm trying to apply for the CA Vacation Programs though!
are the vocation programs hard to get? like i heard the CA achiever program was really tough to be selected. do u know if its easy to get the ca vacatinal work experience and if u get paid??

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jasee said:
Yeah, it is only for first year students. I don't think you have to be doing a Business/Commerce degree to apply though. It just says that you have to have done a first semester Accounting subject:).

What is the CA Vacation Program, and can first years do it:confused:?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well its not technically called the CA Vacation Program, as its not technically run by ICAA. They have an information evening this coming Tuesday about it though. The Big 4 companies are going to be there to answer any questions about the program. Details available at http://www.icaa.org.au .

Many companies run vacation programs, and not all of them are accounting based obviously. Companies besides the Big 4 include Commonwealth Bank, Telstra, Macquarie Bank, and so on. Most of the vacation programs are only available to students in the 2nd last year of their degree though (so the year before their last year). They offer vacation positions in accounting, finance, marketing, information technology, law and some other areas.

Most of them go for 2-3 months, full time, and are paid, over the summer vacation period. They all say its a pretty good program and usually they take on half of their vacationeers into their graduate program.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Oh, I know what you are talking about now. There is another thread about that on this forum. So they have them for other jobs other than Accounting eh? Sounds good. I will probably look into it next year then:).

mrdaviyang

HSC
hey has anybody been to the interview?
and if so, what is it like?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
You don't find out if you have made it to the interview stage until 10 September 2004:).

mrdaviyang

HSC
nah, they've already called people up and organised interviews
which is why i'm asking

mrdaviyang

HSC
I wouldn't be so sure. Some of my friends got it way back last week (day after it was due!) and I thought i wouldn't get it, but I just got a call today.
So they probably do it in batches every week?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I just got the call today. I must say, I am quite surprised, because I don't do an Accounting related degree and I don't know a thing about what Accountants do. I guess I better get reading:D.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Merethrond said:
I just got the call today. I must say, I am quite surprised, because I don't do an Accounting related degree and I don't know a thing about what Accountants do. I guess I better get reading:D.
did they start accepting already o_O

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
theone123 said:
when do they stop?? :D
I couldn't tell you. They were not even supposed to have started contacting people who have moved to the interview stage until 10 September 2004:).

addz

HSC
they did it early, coz the guy in charge has to leave for overseas or something.
all up about 80 people got selected for interview (number may have changed) and there are 35 spots in syd metro. so if you get interview..chances of sucess is about 50-50...though it will vary with where you put ur acct interests (like which particular area)

mrdaviyang

HSC
addz said:
they did it early, coz the guy in charge has to leave for overseas or something.
all up about 80 people got selected for interview (number may have changed) and there are 35 spots in syd metro. so if you get interview..chances of sucess is about 50-50...though it will vary with where you put ur acct interests (like which particular area)
So any idea on when we find out who actually gets the placements?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)