CA Achievers program (1 Viewer)

adgala

HSC
the uni stated in his profile is deakin, so he's most likely from victoria

egarrz

HSC
I'm in Sydney and got a call from ICAA today. The interview stuff isn't till mid october but sounds reasonably intense.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I just got a call today. Which session are you guys attending?

atreus

HSC
can u still apply for the achiever program in 2nd year?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Depends.. read the exceptions:

Who is eligible?

1. First years studying either a Bachelor of Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce, or Bachelor of Business with an Accounting major

There are a few exceptions to the above:
1. If you were a second semester enrolment in 2007 you can apply for the program in 2008 citing your results from semester II, 2007
2. If you are enrolling in second semester in 2008 you will need to apply for the program in 2009.

http://www.charteredaccountants.com...for_students/achiever_work_experience_program

koecko

HSC
yeh i got the call too. got a monday interview. does anyone know exactly what we will be doing and how competitive its gonna be? also, do we ever elect which firm we wanna go 2?

akkountant

HSC
N/A
Hey guys I had my one-on-one interview on wednesday in Melb. I thought I went pretty shite but hopefully they didnt think so.

For all you Sydney people:

No you don't get to choose your firm. CA picks the firm for each person. They said it doesn't matter which one you get cos its just 1st year. It's not like you're gonna get stuck with that firm forever.

The group interview in Melb consisted of 48 students (8 groups of 6). A hypothetical situation will be given and your group comes up with a solution. In ours, we were a "large accounting firm" who had to pick a charity to support and create an event for it. Then after 30 mins or so your group has to make a presentation about your event to the class. Each member has to speak for 1 minute. The Sydney one might be different but I hope that helps.

Nameless!?!

HSC
Can anyone help me???
I have the interview for the achiever work experience next week in Perth
Has anyone had the interview and can tell me what its like... like what their questions were?

highly-evolved

HSC
N/A
akkountant said:
Just found out i got rejected so f*** you all!!!

*goes off to cry*
I found out that I got rejected today as well... I thought my interview went ok so I was kinda disappointed. I think my downfall was that I told them I was accepted into the Deloitte Development Program. Maybe they thought they would conflict? I dont know...

Anyway, you gonna go to the free seminar thing?

dram

i do things
HSC
mmm i'm in the deloitte dev program too and i didn't even get a call from ICAA!! i'm paranoid that i didn't send the application off right or something :) oh well.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
highly-evolved said:
I found out that I got rejected today as well... I thought my interview went ok so I was kinda disappointed. I think my downfall was that I told them I was accepted into the Deloitte Development Program. Maybe they thought they would conflict? I dont know...

Anyway, you gonna go to the free seminar thing?
The Deloitte Development Program is a quarterly event though isn't it? It doesn't really affect your availability during december to february.

dram

i do things
HSC
yep it's quarterly and wouldn't clash at all. The interviewer might not have known that (though of course they should).

akkountant

HSC
N/A
Hey im in the deloitte dev program too! Looks like there are a few of us CA rejects in it

highly-evolved

HSC
N/A
dram said:
yep it's quarterly and wouldn't clash at all. The interviewer might not have known that (though of course they should).
They didn't know about the program... I tried to explain it as best I could but who knows. After thinking about the interview more, there are a few other things I think I could have done better. Namely, not telling the William Buck HR rep that I wanted to do vac work at a big 4. I had to take the gamble though!

turtleface

HSC
atreus said:
can u still apply for the achiever program in 2nd year?
There are some unspoken exceptions in addition to those in the website that was quoted, that are generally accepted depending on the state

If you are a 2nd year student in a double degree, or if you have transferred into commerce or something, and you did not do your first accounting subject until recently, you have a good chance of being eligibile.

I recommend emailing the ICAA and asking them, or just apply, you have nothing to lose and you gain some good practice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)