Cadetship 2015 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm talking about year 12 Cadetship application lol not 1st year uni. Maybe you're applying for 1st year that's why your deadline is earlier
Nah they were the same. Also im not a first year. Also its a rolling basis. And the positions probably filled already. But you can try your luck

milkytea99

HSC
I applied for both around 2 weeks ago. Got a rejection from ESV, not too fussed about the outcome of the other one
you?
I'm still drafting my application lol!!! I thought the deadline for ESV was on 31 July 2015 and Bentleys is 1 August 2015?

matchalolz

HSC
I'm still drafting my application lol!!! I thought the deadline for ESV was on 31 July 2015 and Bentleys is 1 August 2015?
Yes you're correct about the dates but the guy above you is right. I'm pretty sure that even by the time I applied the positions were already filled. I think this because I got my rejection letter extremely quickly (1 day maybe 2 max) compared to some other firms I applied to who would take at least a few days to review my application (and then possibly invite me to the next stage) or would just have no reply (in this case it means that I'm not as good as other applicants and they would wait until they finalise their application process before rejection letters).

Can confirm that the earlier you apply the better your chances. Realistically, are companies bothered to wait it out? Not really if they already got some really good applicants

Examine

same
HSC
I can find out if the positions are filled if you want for ESV

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you and please do. I don't want to end up applying for something which has surpassed their vacancies lol
Don't immediately dismiss a firm if your applying later in the process. People pull out (get a different offered or decided not to pursue accounting), or the firm increases how many cadets they are taking in. It's not impossible even if less likely.

matchalolz

HSC
Anyone hear back from Boroughs/Hall Chadwick?
I had an interview with Boroughs last week and got offered a second interview. Nothing from Hall Chadwick haha (i swear i applied for this ages ago)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Hall Chadwick normally does stuff closer to September. Their cadetship application form is up all year round.

milkytea99

HSC
Hall Chadwick normally does stuff closer to September. Their cadetship application form is up all year round.
Really? I thought Hall Chadwick applications have closed? Maybe I should apply for that as well haha.

My biggest regret is not applying for EY due to lack of confidence. Only recently I knew of someone who's academic results are worse than me and they don't do as much ECs as me as still got offered by EY. Just wanna cry when I think of this.... :'(

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Really? I thought Hall Chadwick applications have closed? Maybe I should apply for that as well haha.

Back when I worked there it was September, and additional ones in December. Not particularly swift.
If it has closed by now, give it a week or two then. It's not a big HR team.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

My biggest regret is not applying for EY due to lack of confidence. Only recently I knew of someone who's academic results are worse than me and they don't do as much ECs as me as still got offered by EY. Just wanna cry when I think of this.... :'(
You missed a good opportunity. Don't let lack of confidence get the best of you next time, you're only going to miss more opportunities from it, and you got nothing to lose when applying for jobs.

milkytea99

HSC
Back when I worked there it was September, and additional ones in December. Not particularly swift.
If it has closed by now, give it a week or two then. It's not a big HR team.
Alright, I'll try applying regardless. And if I don't get any Cadetship this year, then I know that I'm going to apply for Comm/Law when UAC applications come out lol.

Cuz at the start of the year, I was torn between straight commerce+Cadetship or comm/law, but I guess the path and calling is getting clearer now lol.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Alright, I'll try applying regardless. And if I don't get any Cadetship this year, then I know that I'm going to apply for Comm/Law when UAC applications come out lol.

Cuz at the start of the year, I was torn between straight commerce+Cadetship or comm/law, but I guess the path and calling is getting clearer now lol.
Most of the big 4 (especially Deloitte) and other firms take in first years (even second years) , so don't give in yet! Go for comm/law and make it straight to them that you will drop it if you get the position in the interview, you still got a chance! (if you really want it)

matchalolz

HSC

Don't ever give up and keep on applying/pursuing your dreams :) Have a long hard think about what you want to do and go for it!
I know that it has been said above but don't EVER assume things. Sometimes you DON'T actually know what firms want so don't put yourself down and limit your opportunities. A lot of my friends gave up during the application process because of constant rejections/no replies but really, an important determinant of success is your ability to stand up again and again, failure after failure with undiminished enthusiasm

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Hall Chadwicks HR manager has been away and systems have been up and down, so don't be upset if you haven't heard anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)