Cadetships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

aricho

HSC
N/A
Re: Cadetships 2007

aricho said:
cool good thread

also i have been trying to apply at PWC and i cant get onto that bit of the website? has anyone been able to apply?

what other companies offer them besides kpmg, e&y and pwc??

oh yeah and any tips for writing a cover letter? and writing about yourself? i find it hard as it seems really arrogant saying how good u think you are

thanks!
can anyone help me with this?

ctkid

HSC

cover letter is basicly a quick summary of the position your applying for and what your app includes etc
bt thats from what i know
others may be able to help out more
goodluk

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

There are alot of good tips and templates on the internet for cover letters and what not :)

Tip: Look up career guidance websites on the net, or even the university's own careers section.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC

miss-smexy said:
at the mid-tier firms a rough figure is around $25k.

This girl told me that she got paid around $28k including fringe benefits (at a mid tier firm) and that she chose to work with that company because that was the highest salary that was offered.
Would of been the highest at a mid-tier. Nearly as high as a big 4.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

So who went to the cadetship evening and how did you find it?
I found it really useful haha and i finally met seremify ;)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

I didn't have any, the only ones i saw were doritos or something and some dips and drinks obviously. Wasn't as good as the MS one, I think because their's was smaller they were able to have servers come up to you with trays of food lol twas much better

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

La Divina said:
So who went to the cadetship evening and how did you find it?
I found it really useful haha and i finally met seremify ;)
Hahaha... I met a few people who knew me from BoS. Hello to all :) I hope I helped answer your questions.

steffiduck

HSC

Just wondering...

Is anyone having trouble accessing the online application forms? I spent most of last night trying to figure out where exactly on the site the link for the application is (well, i was procrastinating, but thats beside the point).

I've only been able to find it for EY...

And question: does the firm pay your uni fees (ie you don't have to go through hecs etc), or just textbooks and stuff?

LeeLoo

HSC

i think they only pay for textbooks and union fees.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Yes to textbooks and union fees; no to HECS.

However with VSU and all, I think firms are now just giving out the 'allowance' with no restrictions/limits in place (ie. you don't need receipts; and any money you save, you keep).

steffiduck

HSC

seremify007 said:
Yes to textbooks and union fees; no to HECS.

However with VSU and all, I think firms are now just giving out the 'allowance' with no restrictions/limits in place (ie. you don't need receipts; and any money you save, you keep).
K, that sounds pretty cool.

but i'm still figuring out how to get to the online applications...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

To the best of my knowledge, the applications should be available and working online.

PwC for example, go to http://www.pwc.com/au/careers and click on Traineeships, then Apply Online Opportunities across all divisions (it's the third box from the left with the graphics in centre of page). As this is a 3rd party site you will need to register online to access the application form so either click Login without entering details whereby it will ask you to register if you haven't already doneso, or click on Applicant Services then Register Now.

Hope this helps :)

miss-smexy

HSC

Lol I didn't see any BOSers. =S ... maybe because no one held up a sign! Where were you Seremify?

Anyway, the food was like doritos or something which I didn't eat.
Oh and they gave green lollipops from one of the firms?

The highlight of the night was the highlighter from KPMG XD... jokes =)

squiRtle2006

HSC

:bomb: :rofl: YAYYYY.. gooo cadetships 2007!..

hehe well i went to the cadetship evening!!.e. hehehe there were sooooo mnay people >.<... hehehehhehe...... it was kinda like woahhhahhh.. i never knew so many people wanted to do cadetships..... hehehe well i'm gunna go to all the other ones.... and is anyone gunna go to the UTS evening????!.... heheh well i ammmm hehe how exciting!!!.... hope to see you all there!!!!
yayyyyyyyyyy:) :wave:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

miss-smexy said:
Lol I didn't see any BOSers. =S ... maybe because no one held up a sign! Where were you Seremify?

Anyway, the food was like doritos or something which I didn't eat.
Oh and they gave green lollipops from one of the firms?

The highlight of the night was the highlighter from KPMG XD... jokes =)
LOL I was there... met quite a few BoSers and I'm surprised they figured out who I was... some could even quote my UAI and my subjects from my signature...? Scary isn't it! jkjk.

The food got better once you guys all left! There was like.. fish things, satays, alcohol, etc... :) Not meaning to rub it in of course. But yeh there was so many people that night all squished into the room! Apparently there were 1000+ students; and I still remember when I first arrived 'cos we were running late... out of the cab and "WOAH look at the queues!!... all over the stairs and everything"!

miss-smexy

HSC

well i couldn't work it out, seremify =(

----

i'm goign to the bacc thing too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)