CADETSHIPS 2012 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslhui

HSC
Big 4 has been finalised basically.

There are still mid-tier and smaller firms which haven't yet advertised, and may not until the closer to the September holidays and Tambam said.

My old firm has yet to advertise (I think they'll need to look for quite a few this year unfortunately) and when my brother applied for his cadetship it wasn't until August.

You also find that after the HSC when results are released, more positions will open up in mid tier firms. You usually get a few people who exceeded their expectations or didnt meet them at all that no longer want/can undertake a cadetship.

Alternatively, you can always apply as a first year cadet next year too! A lot of the firms accept either school leaver applications or people who will have finished 1 year of uni :)
haha ok, thanks michelle :)

tambam

HSC
Grant Thornton has already given interviews & offers.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Ah, this must have just been last year then, or I remembered the wrong firm :/

Big 4 has been finalised basically.

There are still mid-tier and smaller firms which haven't yet advertised, and may not until the closer to the September holidays and Tambam said.

My old firm has yet to advertise (I think they'll need to look for quite a few this year unfortunately) and when my brother applied for his cadetship it wasn't until August.

You also find that after the HSC when results are released, more positions will open up in mid tier firms. You usually get a few people who exceeded their expectations or didnt meet them at all that no longer want/can undertake a cadetship.

Alternatively, you can always apply as a first year cadet next year too! A lot of the firms accept either school leaver applications or people who will have finished 1 year of uni :)
+1
Yep for everyone who was disappointed and didn't receive offers, everything in this post is extremely relevant!
Applying next year in first year uni doesn't give you any disadvantage, since most of the big 4 now seem to be keen for cadets to begin work after 1 year of full time study.
And that's plenty of time to boost your list of extra curriculars and churn out a brilliant application.

Also I know some of the big 4 do some last minute recruitment to fill up some sort of cadet quota, one of my friends got into kpmg this way.
I think these positions are less widely advertised, but could be worth your while to contact them sometime next year.

aslhui

HSC
hey tambam! so i've been soo curious right, well 2 weeks ago I've received a call from GT and like I didn't pick up coz my phone was on silent, so I called them back the next day and like the HR guy wasn't there, so the lady said "oh i'll get back to u later" and 2 hrs later i received a rejection letter from GT. ok so the phone call was about rejection? huh?

M

MichelleV

hey tambam! so i've been soo curious right, well 2 weeks ago I've received a call from GT and like I didn't pick up coz my phone was on silent, so I called them back the next day and like the HR guy wasn't there, so the lady said "oh i'll get back to u later" and 2 hrs later i received a rejection letter from GT. ok so the phone call was about rejection? huh?
They probably were just calling to say you were unsuccessful, unfortunately :(

Also, I found another job to apply for today :D
Hopefully they get back to me soon though, I need to have my uni timetable done by next week.
(I'd be devastated if I got the job, but already had my uni stuff done and couldn't accept D:)

karenpvs

HSC
In regards to PKF, they're rolling out the interviews, I had 4 missed calls from their HR team trying to confirm a date for the interview upon arriving home from my DOE camp :)
And as for GT they've sent over the contract and the remuneration is comparable to the big 4 (from what I've researched in past years, though could have changed due to inflation etc.), with an additional bonus membership to fitness first for anyone who's interested!
I was wondering whether anyone else in this thread have received their contracts yet, it'd be great if I could get an idea of what other firms were offering and how much the rem and non-monetary benefits deviate :)

Jinks

HSC
In regards to PKF, they're rolling out the interviews, I had 4 missed calls from their HR team trying to confirm a date for the interview upon arriving home from my DOE camp :)
And as for GT they've sent over the contract and the remuneration is comparable to the big 4 (from what I've researched in past years, though could have changed due to inflation etc.), with an additional bonus membership to fitness first for anyone who's interested!
I was wondering whether anyone else in this thread have received their contracts yet, it'd be great if I could get an idea of what other firms were offering and how much the rem and non-monetary benefits deviate :)
I have received both PwC and EY contracts, feel free to PM me and I would be happy to compare them with any that you wanted to! :)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I have received both PwC and EY contracts, feel free to PM me and I would be happy to compare them with any that you wanted to! :)
Congratulations. That's a very impressive achievement.

I've only been skimming through the thread so I may have missed it, but any idea on which offer you're going to accept?

Jinks

HSC
Congratulations. That's a very impressive achievement.

I've only been skimming through the thread so I may have missed it, but any idea on which offer you're going to accept?
I have the celebration breakfast with PwC tomorrow and then I will make up my mind after that, at this stage it is an almost even split, maybe slightly on the EY side but not by much. Do you have any advice/opinions on the matter? Would appreciate them greatly!

Jousams

HSC
N/A
I've got GT, RSM and EY contracts, pm me if you Have any questions

Jekks

HSC
How long does KPMG normally take to get back to you?

Jinks

HSC
How long does KPMG normally take to get back to you?
In terms of receiving an offer? If so I'm not sure exactly about KPMG but most other firms seem to respond either that day, or the next. Saying that you could of course receive an offer after a week :p

BandarSingh

HSC
I have the celebration breakfast with PwC tomorrow and then I will make up my mind after that, at this stage it is an almost even split, maybe slightly on the EY side but not by much. Do you have any advice/opinions on the matter? Would appreciate them greatly!
What the? There is a celebration breakfast?! i've only been invited to a canape function at PwC next week :O

BandarSingh

HSC
In terms of receiving an offer? If so I'm not sure exactly about KPMG but most other firms seem to respond either that day, or the next. Saying that you could of course receive an offer after a week :p
KPMG calls for offers on the day or the day after. I got my offer on the same day.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ps if anyone wants to share their remuneration information it would be most useful and insightful for the boards. Happy to be the intermediary and keep things confidential if you'd prefer to PM me. Just helps keep the information flowing to some of us old timers to help the next generation.

M

MichelleV

ps if anyone wants to share their remuneration information it would be most useful and insightful for the boards. Happy to be the intermediary and keep things confidential if you'd prefer to PM me. Just helps keep the information flowing to some of us old timers to help the next generation.
Sent you some info from my cadetship from this year. Hopefully having some more mid tier comparisons will help :)

Also guys, I applied for another cadetship this afternoon :D
Slightly different format to most (2-3 days a week) but I'd be able to study at uni full time too.

Can't believe after weeks of finding nothing, today alone I've found two that seem promising :lol:

tambam

HSC
Do you think there's anything wrong with publicly disclosing the figures?? I just dug up my pwc,kpmg and ey contracts from last year and there are some significant differences lol

KPMG calls for offers on the day or the day after. I got my offer on the same day.
I've mentioned this before I think, but if they haven't called you to give you an offer/rejection you're still in for a chance, last year my friend got called one week after his interview.

M

MichelleV

Do you think there's anything wrong with publicly disclosing the figures?? I just dug up my pwc,kpmg and ey contracts from last year and there are some significant differences lol
Are the differences really that great?

My brother dug out his old contract and the one I signed, and we both began on very very similar pay considering the time difference/size of our respective firms.

Guess thats another reason to share a general idea though. People might think they'll get one amount when they'll really get another :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)