• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Examine

same
HSC
I am more than sure this might be a stupid question though I can't seem to find a specific answer to it.

I was looking through the employment guide and noticed most firms were giving cadetship positions for auditing and business services. Although I know about auditing I am not too sure what you would do if you were to take a position in business services (like does it involve tax, cash flow forecasting and planning, advisory, etc).

Last edited:

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I am more than sure this might be a stupid question though I can't seem to find a specific answer to it.

I was looking through the employment guide and noticed most firms were giving cadetship positions for auditing and business services. Although I know about auditing I am not too sure what you would do if you were to take a position in business services (like does it involve tax, cash flow forecasting and planning, advisory, etc).
Business services is a little bit of everything, like you've listed.
From what I know my brother did, it was individual & company tax, SMSFs, etc. He also did things like setting up payroll systems for some of their clients and meeting with clients weekly/monthly etc. to discuss general things like cash flow, tax positions etc.

I'm not really sure what it would be like in a larger firm, but I'm fairly sure it's a little bit of a lot of things that relate back to businesses :p

Examine

same
HSC
Would it look bad if I put "BRW's top 100 accounting firms" in the section on how you found out about the firm in a cadetship application?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It's more for their marketing purposes than to do with your application, but never say that in your cover letter!

zaczaczac

HSC
Anyone applied and heard back about the UBS Cadetship?

And anyone know the amount/percentage of people they generally take out in between applications and the online competency test?

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Anyone applied and heard back about the UBS Cadetship?

And anyone know the amount/percentage of people they generally take out in between applications and the online competency test?
I don't think they would've processed all the applicants already theres around 1800 people who sent in apps. They said that they when your application has been processed they will email you back i.e confirming whether you got in or not.

zaczaczac

HSC
Yeh I did get the email for the next stage actually, but I was wondering whether I was the start of the emails or the end of the emails (if you get me) because my friend had hers sent in at the same time and she hasn't gotten a reply. But I just assumed she would considering she has higher marks than me anyway. But still hope then?

And any idea on roughly how many out of 1800 take the online competency test? I assume most?

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Yeh I did get the email for the next stage actually, but I was wondering whether I was the start of the emails or the end of the emails (if you get me) because my friend had hers sent in at the same time and she hasn't gotten a reply. But I just assumed she would considering she has higher marks than me anyway. But still hope then?

And any idea on roughly how many out of 1800 take the online competency test? I assume most?
I have no clue, probably most I would say if its just an online test would make it easier for them to narrow down applicants.

zaczaczac

HSC
Ah okay sweet thanks, and if it's due by Friday, would they by any chance look at the date/time submitted? Like I planned to do it Thursday night just because it's the easiest time for me, but then that might not look too great since I did it the night before??

And anyone know roughly how many questions there are etc? And time limit overall or by question?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Ah okay sweet thanks, and if it's due by Friday, would they by any chance look at the date/time submitted? Like I planned to do it Thursday night just because it's the easiest time for me, but then that might not look too great since I did it the night before??

And anyone know roughly how many questions there are etc? And time limit overall or by question?
In my opinion, yes.

zaczaczac

HSC
Yeh it probably shouldn't matter, but I guess I might do it on Tuesday then, just to be safe. Thanks.

It does seem very competitive, so I don't want to detract too much time from my study for this one application, but any opinions on whether/how many practice tests I should consider doing?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
So I was wondering to ask what any of the professionals here think about a 1 and 3/4 page resume. Is it alright to have it more then one page, or should i delete some key responsbilties from my work experience(s). Also in regard to the practice tests,will they repeat them at the interview?(assuming we get through), I'm just wondering so that I can do more practice tests prior to an interview.

so whose actually fuly applied for PwC from here?
Nearly there,just have to link in my academic transcript, but i'm waiting for my school to give me my year 12 half yearlies (teacher is stubborn and won't let anyone have it early). Already applied for KPMG though,and did those practice tests.

Examine

same
HSC
I'm waiting for my year 12 report as well (though have already applied for a few mid tier firms)

Examine

same
HSC
Just out of interest which firms have you guys applied for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)