Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Could someone please tell me if Hall Chadwick recruits first years or not.
The application form seems to suggest that they only take in kids from year 12, however their website gives no information regarding this or anything in general to do with the cadetship program.
They do indeed. When i started there, one cadet was a first year. Keep an eye out for job ads on seek and that, they do offer cadetships starting outside the regular year if juniors leave mid year and they want to replace them sooner :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Dam I was close! It was a bunny not a dog -_-, what a hazy mind can do I guess. To the question though; to what extent do the interviewers follow the standard questions in your experience, do they really diverge into random chat after a few questions which some people have suggested here? How true was it in your case?

Its been a while since I've been here, but I met a couple of you at the info evening the other night, & thought I'd check in.

A bit of background - I graduated from high school in 2011, and did my interview rounds at the big 4 firms & BAcc. I'm in my second year of uni, & started working at one of the big 4 in February.

I'll be happy to impart any knowledge/insight either about the application process, interviews or my experience from working, so feel free to shoot me your questions :)

Glaeder

HSC
They do indeed. When i started there, one cadet was a first year. Keep an eye out for job ads on seek and that, they do offer cadetships starting outside the regular year if juniors leave mid year and they want to replace them sooner :)
Hey thanks so do you think in the school section I should just fill out my university?

Btw has anyone heard back from PWC yet?

crazy_paki123

HSC
Hey thanks so do you think in the school section I should just fill out my university?

Btw has anyone heard back from PWC yet?
there still probably goba get applications till the deadline day mate

tambam

HSC
Dam I was close! It was a bunny not a dog -_-, what a hazy mind can do I guess. To the question though; to what extent do the interviewers follow the standard questions in your experience, do they really diverge into random chat after a few questions which some people have suggested here? How true was it in your case?
I think this is very dependent on the firm, your interviewer, or even just how you personally are responding to the interviewer.
My first ever interview was just an easy conversation about school, uni life, the firm etc. About 30 min in the interviewer was like, oh I should probably ask you some of the set questions, and asked me like 2. So in that case, definitely not a standard set interview, but not random either.
At another one there were 2 interviews. The one with a partner was also entirely conversational,and he took very little notes. Then there was one with a manager which was very much just them shooting questions and taking notes on your answers.
My other 2 interviews were both 2 on 1 interviews, and were conversational, but explicitly guided by standard questions. In my experience, there weren't really any random questions or going very off track, and I haven't heard much about it happening so I don't think its that common.

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
I think this is very dependent on the firm, your interviewer, or even just how you personally are responding to the interviewer.
My first ever interview was just an easy conversation about school, uni life, the firm etc. About 30 min in the interviewer was like, oh I should probably ask you some of the set questions, and asked me like 2. So in that case, definitely not a standard set interview, but not random either.
At another one there were 2 interviews. The one with a partner was also entirely conversational,and he took very little notes. Then there was one with a manager which was very much just them shooting questions and taking notes on your answers.
My other 2 interviews were both 2 on 1 interviews, and were conversational, but explicitly guided by standard questions. In my experience, there weren't really any random questions or going very off track, and I haven't heard much about it happening so I don't think its that common.
Did you like rehears your interview questions before hand?

HSC
N/A
This thread gives me a little more hope. I didn't do particularly well last year, but my uni marks have been fair so far. If I can maintain it, then hopefully i'll get something somewhere :p

I did lack extracurricular stuff last year, and i'm pretty lacking this year too, but I pretty much don't have the time because of work :(

*crosses fingers and prays rsm bird cameron are lenient*

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
some people do but it's pretty darn obvious. better off thinking through good examples and knowing what the key points are rather than memorising something which may or may not be relevant.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Ah , I see. Thanks for the information . hopefully it won't as much of a sweaty palm interview as I like to think.

maks01

HSC
Does anyone have any idea about the hours worked by UBS cadets? (i.e 4 or 5 days a week)

tambam

HSC
Nope I didnt - I think it would be fairly obvious if you did!
What i did was brainstorm/make a list of all the extracurriculars/activities I had under my belt, and then i thought about what personal qualities they showed/what I learnt from each, so when questions came up, I had a lot of examples to draw from.

MrCrawley

HSC
N/A
Could someone please describe the services offered to clients in the Risk Advisory division? I've tried going through some websites, however most are very generic in their descriptions (i.e. "turning risks into results"). Does anyone know what the work specifically entails?

Glaeder

HSC
I just found out that Deloitte offered cadetships this year, did anyone here apply?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Could someone please describe the services offered to clients in the Risk Advisory division? I've tried going through some websites, however most are very generic in their descriptions (i.e. "turning risks into results"). Does anyone know what the work specifically entails?
I'd say it's something to do with advising on risks and most likely, operational risk management.

Glaeder

HSC
You have to be kidding me? Has it closed yet?
My exact thoughts haha. Yes it closed very early on the 30th of April. They had a ridiculous name for it, Deloitte Private achievers program, made it sound like a scholarship.

You had to start work in July this year, rather than wait till next year.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
My exact thoughts haha. Yes it closed very early on the 30th of April. They had a ridiculous name for it, Deloitte Private achievers program, made it sound like a scholarship.

I think they were advertising some Deloitte programs at uni too. I did overhear a "private"

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Hmm, must be specifically targeted at 1st year uni students then.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think Deloitte Private is the name of the division whereas "achievers program" is similar to what other big 4 offers (e.g. preview/foundation style programs) which are more akin to skills-building workshops for uni students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)